Whitewater Roadhaus

I want to know if the upside down Trumpet players will last once the brass judges get on the field. If they aren't perfect, they will get destroyed Brass wise...and that'll make a certain Caption Head really angry too!

I am not sure it works so well. To me, the setup to the upside down playing seems a little sloppy and I am not sure it can get much better. I would not be surprised if it is dumped within a few weeks.

• Like 1

I still think Northcoast Academy is getting shafted after doing a lot of what cavies are now doing.

Seriously? Does it really matter who is the innovator? Besides there really isn't much "new" content these days anyway that I haven't seen in one form or another over the last 25 years both in and out of this activity...

• Like 3

Seriously? Does it really matter who is the innovator? Besides there really isn't much "new" content these days anyway that I haven't seen in one form or another over the last 25 years both in and out of this activity...

exactly...

The replication of idea isn't really the problem. The idea appears to be the first of its kind to anyone who does not follow WGI, which slightly irritates people who follow both activities closely. Frankly, if the idea gets some applause, I'm all for it. I kind of wonder if The Cavaliers have staff on North Coast Academy as well.

Go Troop. :ph34r:

:thumbup:

• Like 3

1 The Cavaliers 81.100

2 Blue Stars 75.400

3 Troopers 71.500

4 Colts 70.100

5 Teal Sound 63.900

6 Pioneer 59.600

Open Class

1 Colt Cadets 56.300

2 Racine Scouts 41.000

1 The Cavaliers 81.100

2 Blue Stars 75.400

3 Troopers 71.500

4 Colts 70.100

5 Teal Sound 63.900

6 Pioneer 59.600

Open Class

1 Colt Cadets 56.300

2 Racine Scouts 41.000

Way to go Teal Sound !!

I still think Northcoast Academy is getting shafted after doing a lot of what cavies are now doing.

There have been PLENTY of examples over the years of one marching arts genre "borrowing" inspiration from another (BOA band borrowing from DCI corps, DCI corps borrowing from WGI ensemble, etc). Cavaliers drawing influence from Northcoast Academy isn't new, nor will it be the last time it happens.

All the really matters is if Cavaliers' doing something similar from someone else is used in an effective way. I think unequivocally they are, so it doesn't bother me.

FWIW, I had the same opinion about Cadets' 2000 tenor feature being VERY similar to Ponderosa HS's WGI medaling show from 1999. It made me mad that people were giving them love w/out giving Ponderosa credit. But after awhile I realized that me getting upset was pointless since a) I had nothing to do with Ponderosa or Cadets (and therefor it's not like Cadets were 'ripping me off' or denying me glory) and b) it was new to DCI so it introduced plenty of new fans to the fun of that moment.

Heck, maybe this discussion will turn people onto Northcoast Academy