Darkest shows ever

Yeah, but they played the very uplifting and triumphant finale. Besides, Shostakovich and his family were evacuated from the city and he ended up finishing the Symphony elsewhere (in the Crimea, IIRC). :cool: (Sorry, super Shostakovich nerd here)

It is also argued that this "triumphant finale" is nothing more than a movement to appease the Zhdanov crew because it sounded more patriotic. Much like some of his other pieces the movement seems out of context.

Shosty lovers unite!

Edited by GeneralTsoChicken
  • Like 1

While not a complete show,

CC 2011 Paint it Black ? :tongue:

95 Blue Devils. It's so dark that I don't like it.

Thats possible :o? Well SCV is making me not care for their show so maybe so

Yeah, I have watched the 95 BD show about 6 times and I just can't get into it. I'm hoping SCV will be great this season.

Daughtery and Mackey are pretty prolific atonal composers.

Daugherty* and Mackey are pretty prolific composers for wind band, but they're not atonal. Even the dark stuff like Metropolis Symphony and Asphalt Cocktail is not atonal; it's purposefully dissonant. "Atonal" refers to a total lack of a key center, and any music used in drum corps is usually far less atonal than it is purposefully dissonant. Besides, both of them also write some pretty solidly tonal stuff.

Orlando Magic 90-92

'88 Marauders - all Dracula show. There was a scaffold backfield dressed up as a castle, complete with a drawbridge. The colorguard all started off behind a forest of dead trees, and the marching members were all dressed as Dracula - hair slicked back, faces powdered to look pale, cravat, capes, etc. n1377006218_30158738_7141.jpgn1377006218_30158732_5575.jpg

Yeah, I have watched the 95 BD show about 6 times and I just can't get into it.

The ballad is fantastic and that tenor feature after the big intro after the ballad is BALLS!!!