Too Many Shows Without Percussion Judge

Does anyone else feel uncomfortable about this?

Mitch

It's really hard to train percussion judges to make scores that fit in the framework of the slotting

• Like 2

No percussion judge at every show but we're getting brass and colorguard judges that we didnt get until full panels the last few years, so.. i think its actually better. Actually, it never made sense to me why when cutting down to 5 judges, we'd cut out brass and colorguard, but not percussion.

Edited by AlexL

No percussion judge at every show but we're getting brass and colorguard judges that we didnt get until full panels the last few years, so.. i think its actually better. Actually, it never made sense to me why when cutting down to 5 judges, we'd cut out brass and colorguard, but not percussion.

Well think about which caption of every corps consistently executes better... A drumline for pretty much ever wc corps is set back in march or april at the latest while hornlines and guards arent full usually going into the season. Judge the caption that's ready the longest.

Last night in Whitewater, WI there were no judges at field level whatsoever. At least I could not see/find any.

There were no field judges in Ft Edwards either.

In fact, a little research shows that EIGHT out of TWENTY THREE (34.8%) of the shows to this point HAVE HAD NO PERC JUDGE (only one of which was in the West)! In each case a judge was listed so the assumption is that they were no-shows. This is BUSH LEAGUE and totally un-fair to the fantastic lines out there that spend countless hours perfecting their shows and take great pride in presenting them. What a slap in the face to these diligent and talented individuals! To say nothing of the bogus, unfair scores. Corps with lesser lines are benefitting unfairly while those with exceptional lines don't get what they deserve. I would venture to say that corps like Crossmen, who have an exceptional line this year, have been penalized at least 1 to 2 points in each show that has no judge.

I have several aquiantances active in the percussion world and they are equally disturbred as are the members of the two DCI drumlines that I have spoken to. Perhaps it's time to develop a new circuit that can guarantee at least an attempt at fair adjudication.

• Like 1

In fact, a little research shows that EIGHT out of TWENTY THREE (34.8%) of the shows to this point HAVE HAD NO PERC JUDGE (only one of which was in the West)! In each case a judge was listed so the assumption is that they were no-shows. This is BUSH LEAGUE and totally un-fair.... To say nothing of the bogus, unfair scores.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:HEY PEOPLE! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

*waves wildly*

THERE IS A BRASS OR GUARD JUDGE INSTEAD on the shows with no percussion score listed. On the recap page on dci.org, click the "Download the recap" to see which caption and the scores. Also whatever judge is listed as the percussion judge on the recap page IS THE BRASS OR GUARD JUDGE as made clear in the downloadable PDF.

This is a DISPLAY ISSUE with DCI's scores page and NOT a case of missing judges!

:doh:

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 1

So why is it cool to sub a brass or guard judge for a perc judge? What logic am I missing here?

And how do you explain the fact that there were NO judges on the field at at least 2 shows? Sounds like a missing judge issue to me.

Edited by Storkysr