Southwestern Championship

Someone else already addressed the fact that they came out more prepared much sooner than the field. (although i disagree about the "Ease" of their show that many theorize. Difficulty is more than just "notes in the snareline" which most people on these forums base things on).

I think their front ensemble and battery both are of top 5 quality with a chance to win it all if they hit theirs out of the park and if the others have a bad night.

To me it has to do more with the amazing quality of the programs this year. It was only a few years ago that you could only look forward to 1-3 amazing percussion programs each year with a bunch of "good but not great" programs far behind. Now I think winter programs have created for talent, the instructional pool has spread out and many groups have really taken off. Same thing has been happening in WGI. Normally in the World class there are 1 or 2 really exception groups, this year it felt more like 7 or 8. We are so programmed to think that if a group is not in the top 4, that they "suck". Not the case! Madison, Boston, Blue Knights, Glassmen, those percussion ensembles may have scored in the top 5 five years ago, but the quality is growing so far and so fast. Take Blue Stars as a full corps. I think they get better and better each year but the quality of the other programs does to. So they ended up in8th place twice in a row and last night were in 10th but with a better show (in my opinion of course) than the last 3 or 4years. The development of so many programs is really pushing things. I find it exciting!

I think it's many amazing shows, but also, SCV seems to show the same skill sets repetitively due to the nature of the source material that others don't. And While clean...notice the performer number...because the book is so very similar most of the time, it's holding them back

What happened to FAN FRIENDLY SHOWS being rewarded this year .

Crown

Cadets

Madison

Crossmen

there's many more than those 4, and ya gotta be clean, not just fun.

Phone calls are so much better for privacy, as there is no method of recording phone call conversations, right ?

Are you saying that judges have told you on the phone that they violated some ethics or cheated a Corps or something ? I'm not sure what you're saying here. Care to elaborate, as you are confusing as heck here.

yes I will tell you they will speak on the phone much more freely and NEVER in writing..choose to believe it or not. they will NEVER slam a fellow judge or have ANY opinion that may appear controversial but when its not in writing the fur flys......BUT i said nothing of admitting cheating or anything like that at all.

There are way more fan friendly shows than just those four.....

LIKE ??

who are not getting credit ?

Yes cavies are getting credit.

yes Spirit is getting credit.

CADETS

CROWN

MAdison

CROSSMEN

Can corps generate GE while not being CLEAN ?

Can corps be exciting ?