Should we allow guards to be amped?

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should we allow guards to be amped?

• Yes. Everything else can be amped, so why not the guards?
    • No. Let's stop the amp race and draw the line at brass and percussion.
    • Undecided. However, I like waffles.

YES! Let's amp them.

However, since they're visual, you frame the field with 36 HUGE flat screen tv's..... I mean MAMMOTH! New corporate sponsors include Samsung, Sony, Panasonic. 36 video cameras will be placed around the stadium for each corps to use and each corps' cameramen would man the cameras so they can follow each individual guard member throughout the entire show and show on each screen.

By 2015, the corps will be pushed into using 3D technology, causing a huge rift between the purists and the innovators. This will continue until 2018, when DCI will finally give in and instead of traveling, corps will be housed in Indy for the summer and shows will be every day, but no corps will perform back to back days. Most important, the shows will be telecast nationwide in the newest 3D holographic technology. Finals week will be telecast in Imax theaters throughout the world and thanks to the new high tech technology, finals will be in "Complete immersion 4D", where everyone watching will be holographically projected into the seats at Lucas Oil Stadium for the video. The viewers in the theaters will experience the show like never before, as the 3D members of the corps can actually hit the viewers, putting the viewer in the middle of the action in a new and exciting way.

However, after muiltiple lawsuits due to injuries sustained by viewers (topped off with the bizarre beheading of a spectator when the Cadets, in the most innovative show of the year - A Salute to Ronco Products - The Ginsu Knife, had a massive guard snafu with their oversized Ginsu knives/sabers), plus the scientific research that showed that the new 3D/4D technology causes major memory loss (specifically, the program viewed in 3D/4D), DCI finally gives into the purists of yesteryear, reinstating real tours, G bugles and marching timpani. :shutup:

• Like 3

YES! Let's amp them.

However, since they're visual, you frame the field with 36 HUGE flat screen tv's..... I mean MAMMOTH! New corporate sponsors include Samsung, Sony, Panasonic. 36 video cameras will be placed around the stadium for each corps to use and each corps' cameramen would man the cameras so they can follow each individual guard member throughout the entire show and show on each screen.

By 2015, the corps will be pushed into using 3D technology, causing a huge rift between the purists and the innovators. This will continue until 2018, when DCI will finally give in and instead of traveling, corps will be housed in Indy for the summer and shows will be every day, but no corps will perform back to back days. Most important, the shows will be telecast nationwide in the newest 3D holographic technology. Finals week will be telecast in Imax theaters throughout the world and thanks to the new high tech technology, finals will be in "Complete immersion 4D", where everyone watching will be holographically projected into the seats at Lucas Oil Stadium for the video. The viewers in the theaters will experience the show like never before, as the 3D members of the corps can actually hit the viewers, putting the viewer in the middle of the action in a new and exciting way.

However, after muiltiple lawsuits due to injuries sustained by viewers (topped off with the bizarre beheading of a spectator when the Cadets, in the most innovative show of the year - A Salute to Ronco Products - The Ginsu Knife, had a massive guard snafu with their oversized Ginsu knives/sabers), plus the scientific research that showed that the new 3D/4D technology causes major memory loss (specifically, the program viewed in 3D/4D), DCI finally gives into the purists of yesteryear, reinstating real tours, G bugles and marching timpani. :shutup:

Not sure what you're on, but I'd like some so I can go back and watch BD 2010 with a different mindset.

:worthy:

Not sure what you're on, but I'd like some so I can go back and watch BD 2010 with a different mindset.

:worthy:

I'm really not sure where all that came from. If I was on something, I would share, ESPECIALLY if it would clarify the 2010 BD show.

Just out of curiousity, how the hell do you "amp" a guard?

Just out of curiousity, how the hell do you "amp" a guard?

Very carefully.

And according to how the voting is going, with lots of maple syrup.

Amp the staff..... should be interesting when things don't go well.....

Of course some of our guys didn't need amped.... Prozac mebbe but not amps...

<Jeff R knows how I mean>