Akron - Innovations in Brass 7/7/2011

Love the suits for the guard uniforms. I read somewhere the material is such that they can do their guard work, which you normally couldn't do in a suit.

Great drill move!

Corps now coming forward blasting the discordant Beautiful Morning in two company fronts. Crowd loves it.

Drum line is MOVING during their solo.

I'm going to have to go through this again when I watch the VODs...I think it is going to be a very close gap between the Scouts and Coats tonight...we'll see....

This drum solo drill is nuts!

I love how the horns end the drum solo, hats pulled back off their head, all looking up at the sky.

The effect with the trumpets echoing the opening notes of Robert W. Smith's Requiem is incredibly effective. Add the mello soloist on top of that and it's amazing.

Empire State of Mind. I've been waiting for this all night.

Not often you hear the crowd applaud during the music, but that first big statement of the chorus of Empire State of Mind is really effective.

Love the guard on cymbals to finish the show.

Crowd is going nuts!

Man, when this show ends at Finals, there are going to be A LOT of crying eyes in the stands.

Boston's setting up. Three of the staff members placing a large white sheet on the front of the field are wearing LeBron Miami Heat shirts. Unlike LeBron, the Crusaders don't choke.

• Like 1