Akron - Innovations in Brass 7/7/2011

Wait, is this the first time Madison and Bluecoats have squared off? It appears that it is. :blink::w00t::augen51::notify::drool::starwars::tic:

I THINK there was one meeting earlier in the season with a 4 judge panel....but I will stand to be corrected.

I THINK there was one meeting earlier in the season with a 4 judge panel....but I will stand to be corrected.

This is definitely the first meeting.

Edited by Storkysr

Next on the field are the Boston Crusaders from Boston, Massachucetts. Their 2011 program is entitled Revolution and consists of:

Do You Hear the People Sing from Les Miserables by Boublil, Alain; Schonberg, Claude-Michel

I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables by Boublil, Alain; Schonberg, Claude-Michel

The Attack on Rue Plumet from Les Miserables by Boublil, Alain; Schonberg, Claude-Michel

On My Own from Les Miserables by Boublil, Alain; Schonberg, Claude-Michel

Bring Him Home from Les Miserables by Boublil, Alain; Schonberg, Claude-Michel

One Day More from Les Miserables by Boublil, Alain; Schonberg, Claude-Michel

1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich

This is definitely the first meeting.

And I stand corrected....They were together on a show that got rained out.

Edited by lastknight

Love that the corps sings Do You Hear The People Sing when they come on the field. Slowly moving into their opening formation.

• Like 1

Madison just entertained me. That's what this is all about. That hotline can blow. Still a little loose around the edges but I stol like it. What a great paced show. It keeps you engaged the intuit time. The only time it was a little it was a little iffy was the end of the drume solo. Visually is whet it lacks a little. Too many follow the leaders and lack of technique in the jazz run. That will keep them in the 5-9 range

Love the fire flags in the guard!

Big opening chord, but I could actually use more from the horns since they're right up front.

340558299.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1310088470&Signature=ADwnWjBv309TKSzIu6a64QnrWCg%3D

Boston Crusaders -- from @mike51r

Anyone else feel that madison kind of got swallowed up in the big stadium? It had a much different feel that small stadium on the east coast.

I have to say, Jupiter horns have improved over the past three years. I still don't like the trumpet sound, but the low brass sound from all the corps fills the stadium so much better than when Jupiter first hit the drum corps scene.