" The Flintstones" ? You really are a " Dinosaur " from " The Stone Age ", Mike2... haha!

If SCV played the theme from" The Flintstones " at an encore today, people would want to stone them.... haha!

I only heard them do it once. They were on the track getting ready to do an encore performance of the show and Royer gets up and conducts it. I don't know if it was a side joke for someone or a bet he made but it was full of FUN.

NOBODY treats the fans any better with their encore show than do the Cadets.

This is a little outlandish, so I will ask.

Did you see a Scott Stewart era Madison Scouts encore?

Have you seen a PR encore?

I've seen all three cadets, MS (late 90s), and PR. MS an PR had encores that were PHENOMENAL.

I only heard them do it once. They were on the track getting ready to do an encore performance of the show and Royer gets up and conducts it. I don't know if it was a side joke for someone or a bet he made but it was full of FUN.

they did it at port huron in, I believe, 1987. that was the one and only time I heard them do that.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but encores were better (I think) when it was an honor that was won, not assigned.

• Like 4

they did it at port huron in, I believe, 1987. that was the one and only time I heard them do that.

Thank you, I was wondering if I had lost my mind :thumbup:

whats your opinion on Cavies encores? I saw them do the encore twice last year (I've seen at LEAST 15 live cavies encores in my DCI viewing history) i was super duper excited when they started MARS from their 95 show... only to be super duper let down when it was played, both times, at a very reserved/controlled MF volume- yes- Holst's Mars at MF. I became a big DCI fan in 1999 and I never got to hear Cavies 95 live and i thought "OH BOY this is my chance to hear one of my favorite shows of all time live!" and was just super let down... I love the cavies- think they're going to win it all this year- big fan- not trying to bash the organization-- I've just decided that I'm going to leave after a show when they are doing the encore from now on (already did once this year...) - I just can't handle a controlled/reserved/quiet encore- it's a pet peeve of mine. :-)

I just didn't know if I was the only one with that frustration--

Phantom, BD, Cadets IMO get enctores RIGHT-- do something exciting that gets people out of their seats- and for the love of all things holy- if there was ever a time to let loose and play LOUD- this is it. No judges...

I've played a couple encores as a Bluecoat, but never actually had the pleasure of being in the audience for one-- :-(

Hoping at Finals in the next few years I'll get my chance :-)

also-- the Madison acapella version of MYNWA is pretty awesome too-- got to see that live once in 2003.

Edited by nero14

Have you heard Cadet's William Tell piece?

I think Crown also played William Tell as an encore last year (or maybe the year before)--from their "Triple Crown" show.

Ok, this is out of left field

Imagine if each corps was to use this formula for encores

1) A past favorite

2) salute to a corps no longer in existance

3) Pop tune

4) their signature piece

A little something for everyone or "EVERYONE" if you catch the meaning :ph34r:

I know I know, it would never happen but I like the salute to an old corps

whats your opinion on Cavies encores? I saw them do the encore twice last year (I've seen at LEAST 15 live cavies encores in my DCI viewing history) i was super duper excited when they started MARS from their 95 show... only to be super duper let down when it was played, both times, at a very reserved/controlled MF volume...

Thanks for saying this. I thought I was the only one who felt they held back. My advice to Cavies is this: If you want to be true to the music, then pick encore tunes where you can truly wail!

HH

• Like 1