Best Closer Ever?

88 Scouts ... definitely up there

92 BD .. When a man loves a woman? Epic

90/91 Star .. FO SHO!

86-89 SCV ... absolutely

2011 Scouts? Not just yet. It needs work and we all know it. We also all know that the ending will be changed to put it in the same ranks as the corps and shows listed above. I just hope they get it right.

I think it was an awesome song to integrate into their show, and it does play with my heartstrings, but if you don't know the words to the song, you might be lost... but it's great music.

Oh, THAT'S why I'm not "getting" it...I was wondering what all the fuss was about with this closer. I have seen it several times on FN (before the copyright issues) and it just didn't do much for me at all. So you have to know the words to really "get" it? That's disappointing. I guess I will never "get" it, though I can say the song is starting to grow on me since I have been going to a certain un-mentionable website to listen to it since the copyright issues. At any rate, I hope the Scouts do awesome this year (I'm sure they will probably jump up a few spots.) :thumbup:

• Like 2

The first time I saw this show on FN, I was just sitting there saying "WOW!!!!". I was not familiar with the song, as hip-hop music is not my cup of tea (I'm more into rock and country). After I saw it live, it was even better. I pulled it up on Rhapsody so I could see what the original sounded like...trust me, it's better WITHOUT the lyrics and IMO the arrangement Madison uses and the way they play it, leaves the Jay-Z/Keyes versions in the dust...THEY should be going to the Scouts for rights! Best closer ever? Probably not...my personal favorite is '94 Blue Devils, but this one is easily the best one of the 2000's IMO. It wraps up and summarizes the whole show theme...isn't that what a closer is supposed to do? It is also a tune that I was humming on my way back to the car...and it's been a LONG time since ANY corps has done that for me.

If its your favorite of the last 10 years, then yes! lol.

We all get to choose and Madison is a fine choice.

As far as closers, I LOVE Star of Indians last 3 closers. all still give me the chills, especially 92.

92 Blue Knights, 89 Cadets, 84 Cadets, 92, 94, 96, 99, 2000, 2008, Blue Devils, 99, 2000, 2003, 2004 Santa Clara Vanguard, Madison 1997, Phantom 1996, 2003, 2010.

I guess i am a wimp who just cant choose one!

But the all time best closer for me has to be........ BOTTLE DANCE!!!!!!!

OH MY MY how could I forget them pulling out all the stops with this one. (with great deference and admiration to Steve Rondinaro) :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I didn't read the rest of the thread because I'm on my phone, but I would either go with cadets 2006 or phantom 2008

I'm a big Scouts fan and I love the tune but I'm not sure about the best ever. The best this season? I could agree with that.

• Like 1

there are lots.. but these come to immediate mind!

1979 Spirit of Atlanta - Let It Be Me

Madison Scouts - Brians Song

Phantom - 2008 Spartacus

If that is your definition of a closer, then it is very difficult to compare those 60 or so seconds of music which just brings back the theme from the beginning and the ballad with an entire 3-4 minute song like ESOM. To me, a traditional closer is a solid piece of music with its own thematic material arranged specifically to be the closing number of a show.

Dude idc im sticking with my statement. You said "to me" so its obviously an opinion. Im sticking with PR 2008 as the best CLOSER ever.

• Like 1