Drum Corps Fees

I marched for 8 years and never paid a dime for tour.

I didn't get a part time job, beg from my parents, or anything.

I just made finding people who would give me tour money my part time job. I got help from my university at the time, scholarships, an arts grant, some businesses in my hometown, and an alumnus of my corps who became a multi-millionare in the home interiors industry.

priceless. First laugh of the evening.

-.-

Also some corps have a sponsorship page on their web site. Last year Cascades had a few kids that were having a hard time raising money and they had a page that told a little bit about the kid and you were able to donate directly on the web site for those kids. I also know of a kid that asked his high school band to help him and all the kids in band donated $1 he raised $130 towards what he needed. There are lots of ways just be creative.

Sir, you are a life saver! I'm going to take my draft to my church and have a speech about my passion and desire to be a part of Drum and Bugle Corps, and I am going to start up a draft for local businesses like Cartridge World or Sounds Familiar.

Great! Remember that every person or entity that refuses your request puts you one step closer to a person or entity that will admire your spirit and help you along.

priceless. First laugh of the evening.

I aim to please,

I'll be here all summer, make sure to tip your waiter and try the veal. :ph34r:

Boston Crusaders' current membership fee is $2150, and you could probably drive to all their winter camps, so you might want to audition for them in December.

Actually something that needs to be taken advantage of more often in Drum corps tuition payments is having a small business pay entirely for a student's tuition, then the small business can use that as a tax write off because DCI is non-profit and get a substantial amount of that money back. The student then owes that business a lesser amount then tuition. Loopholes ftw@!!

Actually if you are making a donation to a corps then it is a tax write off, if you are donating money to pay for an individuals dues I believe that is not a tax write off.

• Like 1

Where do you live?

Where do you live?

Columbia South Carolina.

Boston Crusaders' current membership fee is $2150, and you could probably drive to all their winter camps, so you might want to audition for them in December.

Really? And they are top ten.