Girl in Blue Devils Snareline

I know how you feel. I have never understood why guys make such a big deal about it. Some of the comments on ebuTuoY and Snarescience.com about girl snares, especially the ones that marched center, are absolutely ridiculous. Gender should never be an issue. Only hands. The only time it was "unusual" for me was the tenor girl for '99 SCV.

I will say, however, I will be truly impressed when I see a girl on Bass 5. When I say Bass 5 I am not talking about a punk### 28" drum.

This next marching season (our 2nd year), the majority our band's drum line is female. Out of the 11 in the battery, 2 of 4 in the snare line and 4 of 5 in bass line are girls (and yes, bass #5 is a girl). Both tenors are male.

Back in the day I dated a girl who'd marched contra with SCV and the Regiment (Defiant Heart year).

The girl had the most amazing shoulders, breath control and various other interesting attributes.

She rocked my world, but could clearly stomp me like a narc at a biker rally if she'd ever lost her cool.

Ahhh...memories. :lookaround::thumbup:

• Like 1

I know how you feel. I have never understood why guys make such a big deal about it. Some of the comments on ebuTuoY and Snarescience.com about girl snares, especially the ones that marched center, are absolutely ridiculous. Gender should never be an issue. Only hands. The only time it was "unusual" for me was the tenor girl for '99 SCV.

Hmmmm...It's still unusual when I tell folks that I marched Garfield Cadets in 77 as a triple tenor. Jaws drop. Yes, I am a female