Crown Guard

So, as far as the judge, I'm not sure I've seen the name before. Who is Michael Turner?

hes been one of the biggest WGI names..until there was a mass exit by many a few years back.....he was also part of BD entertainment :shutup: his traing and expertise is mostly in movement............................ but you know those WGIers mot of the fame is self appointed....lol :tongue:

Just as a point of order....

Crown's Guard average over the last 3 weeks has been 4th overall. So is this two place drop really as outlandish as some are making it seem? No.

I think the real surprise came because eight days ago Crown guard beat Cavies 16.5 to 16.2--tonight Crown was down .3, Cavies up .9. I know, I know; different venues, different judges, and in Crown's case quite a different show from their last competition. I didn't see either show in person, so have no idea if either one, or both, of these results is outlandish in any way. But I'm not sure an "average over the last 3 weeks" is very informative compared with a trend over, say the previous three or four competitions.

• Like 1

I apologize for my initial comment.

After seeing Crown again on VOD I think they are superior and there really is not any focus issues.

Wonderful guard.

They are clean and their work is amazing.

actually if you saw them live your assesment IMO is pretty spot on...are they good yes they are fine 4th -6th or7th yes that could happen

Edited by GUARDLING

The facts are quite clear. You are a Crown honk and cannot face the fallability of the group.Crown's hornline is legit. Crown marches well. Their colorguard, percussion, and some of the vis ge captions hold them back.

Crown won't win the guard title. I'd say they'll probably get 3rd or 4th when it is all said or done. They won't win it, and they SHOULDN'T win it.

re:corpsband FINALLY, someone has the nerve to say what ive been thinking!!!!!! Thank YOU General :worthy:

Corpsband enough of the defensive mode already! its a buzzkill!

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

OK - so I went back and watched the shows this morning

I still don't get it (and I am someone who marched DCI for over 10 years and taught DCI and WGI for over 20 years). Crown should be no lower than 3rd - the musicality of the work, the difficulty, and the constant triad that is asked of the performers is on par with Cavaliers.

Blue Devils should be much lower - notice that most work is on place - there is little to no transition work and all tosses happen without drill responsabilities.

OK - sorry - rant over - let's see how the rest of the season plays out :thumbup:

Later,

Mike

• Like 3

The facts are quite clear. You are a Crown honk and cannot face the fallability of the group.

Crown's hornline is legit. Crown marches well. Their colorguard, percussion, and some of the vis ge captions hold them back.

Crown won't win the guard title. I'd say they'll probably get 3rd or 4th when it is all said or done. They won't win it, and they SHOULDN'T win it.

re:corpsband FINALLY, someone has the nerve to say what ive been thinking!!!!!! Thank YOU General :worthy:

Corpsband enough of the defensive mode already! its a buzzkill!

Nice. If you can't win an argument, let's try ad hominem attacks. Just strengthens the case.

I won't deny the honk part. Of course I'm a Crown honk.

Not a blind one though -- more than able to say they suck when they do. Too bad vice versa doesn't apply to you :-\

Edited by corpsband

Nice. If you can win an argument, let's try ad hominem attacks. Just strengthens the argument.

I won't deny the honk part. Of course I'm a Crown honk.

Not a blind one though -- more than able to say they suck when they do. Too bad vice versa doesn't apply to you :-\

Bro just ignore him. It seems like if theres an issue on DCP, you know who (not Voldemort :p) is in the thick of things.

Btw I agree with every post you made.