Wichita, KS

Nice score jumps all over the place! Way to go Crossmen, Troop and SoA! Keep up the fight!

• Like 1

That Scientist probably took 10 years with a large Goveernment grant to determine that yes ...if something stinks really bad and turns your stomach you'll probably remember it longer than any bad sound you heard. That is unless it was gunfire, or an incoming missle in warfare or whatever.

The literature I've read suggests that smells have stronger emotional ties because the area of the brain that handles smells is very close to the "emotional" brain.

Recaps are up!!!

The literature I've read suggests that smells have stronger emotional ties because the area of the brain that handles smells is very close to the "emotional" brain.

My guess, that data was not derived from any personal experience by any researcher(s) that was engaged in military warfare. Smells can be really bad in warfare. But explosions can impair one's hearing for a long time, sometimes permanently... and the sounds outlast the smells by a very wide margin in the memories, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

fixed

Yes actually, thank you! I was in a hurry and became forgetful. My bad.

fixed? how so?

I left out the other contender!

My guess, that data was not derived from any personal experience by any researcher(s) that was engaged in military warfare. Smells can be really bad in warfare. But explosions can ruin one's hearing permanently... and the sounds outlast the smells by a wide margin in the memories, imo.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning.".... :tongue: