Greedy, Inhospitable Van Buren, Arkansas

I got an email back from the Van Buren event planning team. They were apologetic but they said they had to follow the no-reentry policy of the facility.

Wow. So the person in charge of the facility (the AD ?) is not willing to accomodate a music event at the stadium. Shocking ph34r.gif

I got an email back from the Van Buren event planning team. They were apologetic but they said they had to follow the no-reentry policy of the facility.

Wow, that's a Cop Out. Well, I guess you have a decision to make regarding whether you'll return next year.

Wow. So the person in charge of the facility (the AD ?) is not willing to accomodate a music event at the stadium. Shocking ph34r.gif

The van buren high school band, is definitely bigger and more important than the athletics at that school. I know it is a rarity, but it is true in this case.

Randy Lloyd is the AD and he's a super down to earth guy. If it involved him, I can promise it was a misunderstanding, or a decision that he had no control over.

The van buren high school band, is definitely bigger and more important than the athletics at that school. I know it is a rarity, but it is true in this case.

It certainly didn't come across that way when I was in high school 4 years ago (Fort Smith, Southside).

It certainly didn't come across that way when I was in high school 4 years ago (Fort Smith, Southside).

Southside is the perfect antecedent to Van Buren. Most people don't care about the band, they care about Southside Rebel Football.

But then again, Van Buren Football is just down right pathetic, and Southside is good... so I'm sure that has something to do with it. :tongue: