DENTON REVIEW

Cavies are pretty terrific this year. All sections are very solid and one of few corps tonight that really connected with the audience.

Crown has some outstanding brass and some very entertaining moments. Drum line has some awesome stuff. A little flat overall.

BD has better music than I have heard in a very long time. Good performers. Boring show tonight with no real punch.

Regiment sounds terrific and also had some hot drum line moments. Not sure I get the whole show. Also flat tonight.

Crusaders were OK. Have some flow issues and I don't get the last half at all. Not their best year.

Blue Knights had some good moments with some great drill. Guard seemed a bit off tonight. Performance flat. Too vanilla overall.

Scouts are doing last year's show with more talent and different melodies. May be a smart move. Really connected with the crowd.

Troopers have one great moment, but without electronics, that moment would be lost. Extremely flat tonight and not much going on.

Spirit created some real high points and may have been the shock of the night. One of the corps that really communicated with the audience.

Colts are having a rough year. The brass really struggle on the move. The drum line is pretty rough. I was in shock.

Teal has some solid moments and should be way closer to Colts. Their unique approach is finding its own voice.

Cades were weird, but have some good talent and a few really clean moments. A better year for them.

• Like 3

Not sure which show you went to but I felt a lot of corps connected with the audience and left positive impressions.

I was in an area with a lot of first time fans and their reaction was quite positive. One kid in particular was a Chinese foreign exchange student. He was mesmerized and clapping for a lot of the corps.

Crown certainly had the crowd eating out of their hands - especially with the encore section. Troop was dead in the water until the end of their show and the crowd opened up for the extended chord at the end. Boston was fun and rewarded nicely, although it seemed the Bari soloist had a rough night. Phantom got a great reaction and their low brass really sounds nice. BD's show has improved quite a bit from when we saw them in Saginaw and I think the audience is responding well to the color guard more. Cavies still got the big reactions from their tricks - but still a great big question mark over the heads trying to figure out this show...

Good show - big show and a great bit of entertainment!

Scouts are doing last year's show with more talent and different melodies. May be a smart move. Really connected with the crowd.

huh?

Cavies are pretty terrific this year. All sections are very solid and one of few corps tonight that really connected with the audience.

Crown has some outstanding brass and some very entertaining moments. Drum line has some awesome stuff. A little flat overall.

BD has better music than I have heard in a very long time. Good performers. Boring show tonight with no real punch.

Regiment sounds terrific and also had some hot drum line moments. Not sure I get the whole show. Also flat tonight.

Crusaders were OK. Have some flow issues and I don't get the last half at all. Not their best year.

Blue Knights had some good moments with some great drill. Guard seemed a bit off tonight. Performance flat. Too vanilla overall.

Troopers have one great moment, but without electronics, that moment would be lost. Extremely flat tonight and not much going on.

Spirit created some real high points and may have been the shock of the night. One of the corps that really communicated with the audience.

Colts are having a rough year. The brass really struggle on the move. The drum line is pretty rough. I was in shock.

Teal has some solid moments and should be way closer to Colts. Their unique approach is finding its own voice.

Cades were weird, but have some good talent and a few really clean moments. A better year for them.

huh?

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... :huh:

Way to capture the essence of the show. Maybe DCI will hire you to do the liner notes on this years CD. Not.

Way to capture the essence of the show. Maybe DCI will hire you to do the liner notes on this years CD. Not.

I'd say watch out Michael Boo, Debbie Downer might steal your job...

Huh? Hu :shutup: h??