Why is this happening

Ok, y'all, pack up the forum...we're done here! MMXI has done the analysis, and Madison's show is the eqivalent of elevator drill (you do know what elevator drill is, right?) with no backwards marching and playing "Come Sweet Jesus" in whole notes.

If you don't want your position discussed, questioned or debated, don't post it on a public forum. To say your point is inargueable is at least arrogant and at best indicative that you are nor prepared to defend your position.

Are you kidding me..? Ok lets debate :) id love to hear your points

• Like 2

Don't you think you're being a little dramatic? Madison is not fighting to get into finals. They're in! Let's look at this quickly. The top four are solid: Cavies, Cadets, BD, and Crown. 5-8 will flip flop until finals: PR, SCV, Bluecoats, Blue Stars--OK, you can add Madison to this group; I actually see SCV finishing 5th. 10-11 Boston, Blue Knights. Troopers and Spirit are competing for the final position unless there is a tie (could happen).

So BAC and BK just beat Scouts, but if we "look at this quickly", it's self-evident that Scouts will be ahead again at Finals?

something that makes me uneasy is that Scouts will go almost a full week without a score,...........that will give them time to heal up health issues, clean up the show, but also no exposure to competition may also further stagnate the scoring,............they have hovered around 80 for too long now IMO,.....

Edited by Gary Matczak
  • Like 1

Don't you think you're being a little dramatic? Madison is not fighting to get into finals. They're in!!! Let's look at this quickly; the top four are solid; Cavies, Cadets, BD, and Crown. 5-8 will flip flop until finals; PR, SCV, Bluecoats, Blue Stars, ok you can add Madison to this group, I actually see SCV finishing 5th. 10-11 Boston, Blue Knights. Troopers and Spirit are competing for the final position unless there is a tie (could happen). Now here's the part you don't want to hear or possibly accept, although Madison has had a great connection with the audience this year I feel the corps ahead of them right now have better visual programs. This my friend is a very good year for drum corps.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Irving, love ya buddy, what you do for the Cadets year in and out is AWESOME! That said, I think your assesment is off in this matter. I think the groupings are clearly 1-4 (Cadets, Cavies, BD, Crown) 5-6 (Phantom, Bluecoats) 7 (SCV- right now by themselves though they could drop... unlikely though) 8-11 (Madison, BK, BStars, Boston- This group is gonna stay on each others heals the rest of the season) 12-17 (Spirit, Troopers, Colts, Academy, Glassmen, Crossmen- Spirit, Gmen and Troop seem to be most likely to get in the Sat Show at Indy.)

I mean no disrespect, but I think it is unlikely Bstars or Madison will be above 8 this summer. Doesn't mean they're not great!

Wes P

• Like 2

I actually see SCV finishing 5th. Troopers and Spirit are competing for the final position unless there is a tie (could happen).

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I think a few Corps have a better chance of catching SCV from behind than SCV does of beating both Bluecoats AND Phantom Regiment.. which is what its going to take, imo in order for SCV to garner 5th. Those who rule the Glassmen out for that 12th spot could be surprised too, imo. ( I havn't seen Academy yet. ) But who knows. We'll see.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

something that makes me uneasy is that Scouts will go almost a full week without a score,...........that will give them time to heal up health issues, clean up the show, but also no exposure to competition may also further stagnate the scoring,............they have hovered around 80 for too long now IMO,.....

The week off has a better chance at helping them. I know i wouldnt perform well at all with a massive headache or the flu

• Like 2

Irving, love ya buddy, what you do for the Cadets year in and out is AWESOME! That said, I think your assesment is off in this matter. I think the groupings are clearly 1-4 (Cadets, Cavies, BD, Crown) 5-6 (Phantom, Bluecoats) 7 (SCV- right now by themselves though they could drop... unlikely though) 8-11 (Madison, BK, BStars, Boston- This group is gonna stay on each others heals the rest of the season) 12-17 (Spirit, Troopers, Colts, Academy, Glassmen, Crossmen- Spirit, Gmen and Troop seem to be most likely to get in the Sat Show at Indy.)

I mean no disrespect, but I think it is unlikely Bstars or Madison will be above 8 this summer. Doesn't mean they're not great!

Wes P

Cant agree more

• Like 1

The week off has a better chance at helping them. I know i wouldnt perform well at all with a massive headache or the flu

Couldn't agree more... Any corps that has competed as hard as Madison has this summer is likely gonna have a bit of a lull and/or sickness set in. A week to clean is not going to make the judges forget who they are. BK had a week before MN and it really helped them add to their show as we're seeing! It's only going to help them grow even more.

Wes P

I hate threads like these...

Madison show is easier than Bloo's. Bloo has more growing room...more choreography to clean...etc. They are finally starting to rise, Bloo can be a medalist come August because they are running the marathon. Even BAC and BK have better show designs IMHO. They designed it to peak at the right time.

Does this mean Madison stinks or their show stinks? No. They just have an easier show. Don't even try to argue with me this is a FACT. Madison might have a more entertaining show though, that my friend is debatable.

Madison never beat them either...?

This coming from a boy who claims to be a fan of the Scouts. Hilarious!

• Like 3