Why is this happening

Don't get me wrong, as I love Madison's show this year, but the Madison Scouts have gone head to head 5 times this year against the Bluecoats, and are 0-5 against the Bluecoats with the average spread margin slightly over 2 points ( 1.8-3.00 spreads ). So where do you get the Madison Scouts " beating Bluecoats by 3 points " figure ?

You are right, my error. There was a point where Madison was ranked higher than Bluecoats, but they had not gone head to head.

Don't you think you're being a little dramatic? Madison is not fighting to get into finals. They're in!!! Let's look at this quickly; the top four are solid; Cavies, Cadets, BD, and Crown. 5-8 will flip flop until finals; PR, SCV, Bluecoats, Blue Stars, ok you can add Madison to this group, I actually see SCV finishing 5th. 10-11 Boston, Blue Knights. Troopers and Spirit are competing for the final position unless there is a tie (could happen). Now here's the part you don't want to hear or possibly accept, although Madison has had a great connection with the audience this year I feel the corps ahead of them right now have better visual programs. This my friend is a very good year for drum corps.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I guess my biggest problem is with Blue Knights. I enjoy their show but they are no where near Madison/Boston/Blue Stars, etc. Their visual demand is way down compared to the others.

From a drill standpoint, absolutely.And when the visual is as easy as it is, it diminishes what theyre doing musically (no simultaneous demand)

It's hard to march any drill with all of those babies on the field....

Your favorite corps is not scoring as high as you think they should.

They are getting beat by corps you think they should be beating.

You think that they have the far superior show and don't understand why the judges are not rewarding them for it.

Such is life on DCP.

• Like 1

Your favorite corps is not scoring as high as you think they should.

They are getting beat by corps you think they should be beating.

You think that they have the far superior show and don't understand why the judges are not rewarding them for it.

Such is life on DCP.

Regardless of who it was, I would still find a 2.5 drop in consecutive shows just 5 days AFTER a regional to be an outlier. But that's just me.

Regardless of who it was, I would still find a 2.5 drop in consecutive shows just 5 days AFTER a regional to be an outlier. But that's just me.

Would you be saying this if it had been a 2.5 jump?

• Like 4

Ok, y'all, pack up the forum...we're done here! MMXI has done the analysis, and Madison's show is the eqivalent of elevator drill (you do know what elevator drill is, right?) with no backwards marching and playing "Come Sweet Jesus" in whole notes.

Can we please get the title right...I know the composer. It is "Come TO Jesus"...in whole notes.

• Like 1

Would you be saying this if it had been a 2.5 jump?

It works the same way. A 2.5 jump should be taken with a grain of salt until those scores seem to hold. What we saw last night was outside what we had seen in just the day prior. So, if it happened in one day, then there's no reason for people to assume that it can't reverse itself.

It is actually quite refreshing to see all this debate about 7-11 spots and noone talking much about the top 4... :tongue:

Eat em' up BOSTON!