8th Place

There's this little saying called, "No room at the top". When you're facing down the Top 7, it's insanely hard for anyone to break into it. Maybe next year, but I don't see it this year.

You are right, but of the corps currently in 8-12 Boston is the only one to place higher than 8th in the last 5 years. It's not an impossible task. Those guys in 1-7 aren't magical nor invincible.

You are right, but of the corps currently in 8-12 Boston is the only one to place higher than 8th in the last 5 years. It's not an impossible task. Those guys in 1-7 aren't magical nor invincible.

They are built magical and invincinble

They are built invincinble

Say this 5 times fast and correctly, and you are" magical" too.

Edited by BRASSO

Is the correct question: Can they move up, or, can those that are up, not move down?

Congratulations, Boston Crusaders.....

You have continued to improve your show and entertain the fans, while your score has continued to rise. Never forget that you have 71 years worth of alumni pulling for you. You are all GIANTS. Keep your eyes on the ball and don't let up. Now is the time for Waldo to ROAR.

Craig Scott

BAC

• Like 4

But hasn't Madison been dropping back for the last few weeks? From knocking on the Top 5, to 9th, and not far from 10th or 11th.... Not to be a jerk, but seems like they're moving the wrong way.

And what's the problem with SCV's show? It doesn't have people throwing babies? It's not really supposed to, but that's just my opinion. It's a show about subtlety and nuance, not park and blow moments.

but to answer your question, no, I don't think any of those corps can move past 8th. There's this little saying called, "No room at the top". When you're facing down the Top 7, it's insanely hard for anyone to break into it. Maybe next year, but I don't see it this year.

I think you said exactly what SCV"s show problem is... while there are a few that love the show and concept, there are more who are not connected to it. I saw it live twice earlier and both time did not connect and was a little bored (I hate to use that to describe any DCI event). We all know their percussion is awesome, but the show is lacking any wow.

That being said, I can see BAC coming close to this show... though I think inevitable we have our top 7 in place. I think the 8th place will be a great battle and it is looking more and more like the top 3.

Great drum corps year though! Hoping my travel plans allow me to catch finals!

I think you said exactly what SCV"s show problem is... while there are a few that love the show and concept, there are more who are not connected to it. I saw it live twice earlier and both time did not connect and was a little bored (I hate to use that to describe any DCI event). We all know their percussion is awesome, but the show is lacking any wow.

That being said, I can see BAC coming close to this show... though I think inevitable we have our top 7 in place. I think the 8th place will be a great battle and it is looking more and more like the top 3.

Great drum corps year though! Hoping my travel plans allow me to catch finals!

Guess you're right. I like SCV's show, but I'm a homer for them. Their show design is my favorite out there.

But I think you're right about the Top 7, as much as I'd like to see some movement, (as long as it's not at SCV's expense :tongue: ), the Top 7 is good. Really, really good. Since Madison dropped back in 2005, the Top 7 has been pretty consistent, except for 07 and 09, when one corps each popped in. The top 7 I think is set, and will move around among themselves, and the battle for 8 to 11 is only going to heat up from here. I still Boston ending up on top, followed by BK, Madison, then Blue Stars. But that's just me.

• Like 1

I don't know that I would classify angry dissonant chords for 12 minutes as subtly and nuance.

To each their own. Some people like it, I'm one of them. There's a lot of subtle moments in that show, if you open up your ears. The ballad is beautiful, and the music is only dark because of the thematic material used. It's not supposed to be bright and flowery, it's about escaping hell, not picking flowers in a field in spring.

• Like 3

They are built magical and invincinble

Boston (BAC) being only 1.6 points away from SCV doesn't look invincible to me....If we have been shown anything at all with this season...it is that a 2 point spread or less can erode almost over night at any given show... :tongue:

...in addition Bluecoats are only 2.05 points ahead for that matter...

• Like 1

Guess you're right. I like SCV's show, but I'm a homer for them. Their show design is my favorite out there.

But I think you're right about the Top 7, as much as I'd like to see some movement, (as long as it's not at SCV's expense :tongue: ), the Top 7 is good. Really, really good. Since Madison dropped back in 2005, the Top 7 has been pretty consistent, except for 07 and 09, when one corps each popped in. The top 7 I think is set, and will move around among themselves, and the battle for 8 to 11 is only going to heat up from here. I still Boston ending up on top, followed by BK, Madison, then Blue Stars. But that's just me.

I have been a huge fan of SCV, I loved the 07-09 shows... but they have lost me the past 2 years.

I am with you on wanting movement in the Top 7 as long as it does not have a negative effect on PR. lol. Maybe we are the problem. :satisfied:

want to see something new, but do not want to hurt us.

Edited by AZKK