I have not posted here for a very long time. My reason for not participating in DCP was the BD haters. While there are still some here, mostly recycling the same trash as in years past, the tone, at least tonight, is far better than I ever remember it being back when. So for those of you showing civility and sportsmanship, I thank you.

I can understand the frustration that some must feel when the same corps / team always wins. How many people have felt that way about the Yankees, over a period of decades? I remember many hating the Dallas Cowboys back when, when they were on a winning streak. How many actually hated the San Francisco 49ers during the 80s with Joe Montana and Steve Young? Even in this thread, there were some references back to the frustrations felt by some when the Cavaliers were winning. Should we include Star of Indiana?

I was quite amazed, and even concerned, when I saw the Cadets show at Stanford. I was not the only BD alumnus to feel that way. The Cadets show grabbed my attention more than corps have done for years. I found myself wishing that it was BD doing that. But that wasn't true that night. BD has had to do some serious work to regain the lead this year. They are not trying to hold an undefeated season here, and all of you know it.

I strongly request that all of you who who are fully unable to think beyond the park and bark recycled trash talk, either bite your tongue, finger tips, or keyboard here. Many of the posters on this thread, even those admittedly not BD lovers, have made efforts to keep this discussion civil. I confess, I never expected to find this at DCP, and the fact it is coming from outside the BD community is fascinating.

I marched in the mid '70s, long before many of you were even a glimmer in your parent's eyes. I have seen competition at it's best and worst. I have both felt the joy of the first 2 wins by the Blue Devils, which just happened to be the same years of frustration experienced by the Muchachoes and Bridgemen. I am truly old school when I marched, but can still find some joy in what can be done by a talented pit.

There is a great deal of talent in today's drum corps. The designs of this year, collectively, present a strong package for the enjoyment of our activity. My personal belief is that those who can only show a consistent negative attitude, are years away from realizing this, and may be unable to enjoy what is being presented to them.

If you don't like the Blue Devils, so be it. But realize there is an incredible amount of talent wearing that uniform. I heard many of their rehearsals this year. up close and even personal. I know what they can do. If you can't share my perspective, then go look at the results from I&E from this year. Summarize this for your understanding. Also take a look at some videos on You Tube from the BD opener say in Denver, versus what they did tonight. There is a whole new opening field position, and the entire visual presentation has changed. A whole new visual presentation for the opener, and I've not seen one remark from ANYBODY on this thread that the Blue Devils opening was sloppy or dirty. That's because it WASN'T. At least not in comparison to the other corps.

There are two weeks remaining in this season, and nothing is guaranteed. Take note of what the Blue Devils have already accomplished this season. They are capable of great things. The talent is there.

If you still cannot see what BD presents, so be it. But at least come up with a new set of complaints. The park and bark hasn't worked in years past, and it's not working now.

I repeat my praise for those of you showing civility. It's a breath of fresh air. Thank you.

Nice read! Had a great night last night, am PROUD to be a DCI WORLD CLASS Drum and Bugle Corps fan! The 2011 season has turned out to be... EPIC!

2 weeks left kids, max this season out! Can't wait to see FINALS... LIVE!

BRING IT!

I obviously have my favorite corps because of affiliation but to say I hate another corps because my favorite corps didn’t get the scores is beyond my comprehension. A corps is made up of 135 kids with the general age of 17 – 21, do you hate those kids? They are the corps after all. With today's technology those kid's that break their butt's everyday to do the best they can to "entertain" us read this board too. How sad for them to read about "hate" associated with their corps; it’s really offensive. What I admire is the very corps some say they “hate” are on a bus sleeping right now; will get on a field “somewhere” in the heat in the morning; have a box of cereal before some of us get up and keep working on the “hated” drill because they believe in themselves. For that reason I believe in every corps member, whatever corps, and I will clap for and respect every kid that enters that field. To boo a corps because of a score they were given is low-life, ignorant and just *******-up!

Thank goodness some people actually get it! Thank you for voicing this, Tricia.

Edited by Photographer Jim
  • Like 1

Did anyone else see that SOA beat Wes's beloved BK in brass?? Is that even deserved???

I was definitely shocked at that but they seemed a bit off last night brass wise. I think it will be an isolated instance. Brass certainly not a weakness this season!

Did anyone else see that SOA beat Wes's beloved BK in brass?? Is that even deserved???

SOA's brass was on it though im not that surprised here.

Well Said Tricia... Booing is a flat out selfish act! Corps are not out there to suit or personal needs or tastes. Some will like some won't but to be respectful is the mature and right thing to do!

Wes P

• Like 1

I was definitely shocked at that but they seemed a bit off last night brass wise. I think it will be an isolated instance. Brass certainly not a weakness this season!

I am mostly shocked. BK has one of my favorite brass books this year. The Chaconne is one of the highlights of the season.

I'm impressed by Boston's score growth. I honestly think they're within reach of 6th place.

Edit: not to say that Bloo nor SCV are sitting still. I worry about Vanguard, though. I think they are definitely vulnerable to Boston.

Watch out in Lawrence Thursday night, in the jungle, the mighty jungle, Waldo will be waiting!!!!!

• Like 1

I am mostly shocked. BK has one of my favorite brass books this year. The Chaconne is one of the highlights of the season.

Yeah it truly is a great piece and well written! I have a feeling that they'll be closer to Boston and Madison in brass when it all pans out. Think they'll be anywhere from 9-11 in brass.