Yeah I transferred to Philadelphia this past June and I haven't had time to prepare to go to finals this year. Trust me, I'm EXTREMELY sad right now.

You son of a #####...

{/arnold]

Every drum corps discussion should end in talking about beer. (OR wine...if you're one of those folks) Mmmmm.....beer.

p.s. Yay drum corps!!

Agreed! And I can drink both! Crappy beer, crappy wine. As long as it tastes good!

Please remove the banners sooner. It is really nice to watch the corps. come on the field. Very disappointing to see the banners up so long.

Also, can the people filming the shows learn the shows before filming them? It is very annoying to have the camera zoomed in, when the emphasis of the moment on the field is being completely lost. The first that comes to mind from tonite, SCV. In the closer, when the drums, cymbals, and color guard at the end of the closer is the emphasis of the show, we have another area being shown with close ups. We did not see the players running up the staircase, and we do not see the middle of the field with the cymbals, drummers and guard. This is where everything is happening and wrapping up the show. But, since we are not there, we do not know how the show ended. You have no idea what is happening on the field as a whole.

Do closeups, but not when it is not the time or place in the show to do so.

Not sure if these two points have been tired out.... but I wanted to agree whole-heartedly. Really enjoy watching the corps come on to the field and set up, the banners... not so much. And, ditto to the comments about some of the close-ups missing the highlights of the show. Hopefully, by the next webcast, some of those misses will be fixed? Hope so. :satisfied:

Otherwise..... what an amazing night of drum corps! Can't wait for Big, Loud and Live!

You son of a #####...

{/arnold]

Dude, I'm SOOOOO kicking myself right now. Cadets are doing so well this year and I want to be there so badly. I love the atmosphere at finals. And now that my corps is doing so well, I won't be there to see them. :sad:

Just got back from the show. Not gonna review now, too tired. I will say my favorite show of the night by far was SCV. What a bold show!!!!!

Right after Cadets, SCV was my favorite. The ballad music is what I was humming all the way home. Loved it!

• Like 1

Dude, I'm SOOOOO kicking myself right now. Cadets are doing so well this year and I want to be there so badly. I love the atmosphere at finals. And now that my corps is doing so well, I won't be there to see them. :sad:

You will be really sad when they clean up that show and beat the crap out of everyone come finals and you are not there. AWESOME production.

Dude, I'm SOOOOO kicking myself right now. Cadets are doing so well this year and I want to be there so badly. I love the atmosphere at finals. And now that my corps is doing so well, I won't be there to see them or do pushups for Plan. :sad:

Fixed! :tongue:

I really like half of Teal's show. The other half seems a bit disjointed.

By disjointed, are you perhaps referring to the half of the show that featured solos on instruments that are neither brass nor percussion? I was so offended as someone who came to hear drums and bugles (or at least percussion and brass) that I had a really hard time concentrating on the rest of their show and the Mandarins' show that followed.

Oh Plan..Plan plan PLAN plan plan....I'm so hoping Cadets win so YOU can do the pushups lol...

I had to hunt for loose money for my Indy trip. This after draining my savings forca new house... So I'm feelin ya