Dallas - Drum Corps in Hades

And speaking of SCV, I just finished reading Jeremy Van Wert's wonderful book "Not For the Faint of Heart" about his 3 years in SCV 96-98. It was a fun reminder to me of my Garfield days 10 years earlier. It also had some things that shocked me beyond belief as an educator. All in all, a fun read and a nice trip down memory lane. It's available on Kindle as well. I recommend it if you can handle the particular kind of "speech" heard in a drum corps rehearsal.

• Like 3

And speaking of SCV, I just finished reading Jeremy Van Wert's wonderful book "Not For the Faint of Heart" about his 3 years in SCV 96-98. It was a fun reminder to me of my Garfield days 10 years earlier. It also had some things that shocked me beyond belief as an educator. All in all, a fun read and a nice trip down memory lane. It's available on Kindle as well. I recommend it if you can handle the particular kind of "speech" heard in a drum corps rehearsal.

I met Jeremy (Spike), a couple of years ago when my son was an SCV MM. He's a great guy, who can always be found at the Cali shows. Still such a big supporter of the corps. My son had much respect for him.

• Like 1

Recaps are up

Oh, Jackie....

:sigh:

All the recaps for the Blue Stars suggest that they have all the elements there (composition subcaptions, music subcaptions, reperitore subcaptions), they're just dirty (performance subcaptions, tech. subcaptions, ect). That makes me hopeful, if they can get clean.

• Like 1

That's a disappointing score for the Academy. I'ts not looking like they will be in the top 12 this year...

I kind of feel like they are playing a bit of catch-up, still. Hopefully, they can clean and polish and make some moves on Troop and SOA. There's still time, right?

the pictures here make the crowd size look good. a, uh, dci personality posted a pic on facebook that showed the crowd not that good and made a stab at a humorous remark that offended some.

how was the crowd size?