Why are they getting docked?

I watched SCV percussion at 2/3 texas shows, and i just have to say that they are playing sooooooooo well, yet the scores are showing it! I know im not the only one that is hearing the level of clarity they are playing at. Its unreal. Why cant they be rewarded for it instead of being "slotted"??

This isnt just towards SCV either. Its been happening to more than just them this season (i.e. Crown Guard)

i dont get it...

• Like 5

At finals last year, Regiment won drums handily (I think by over 1/2 point in aggregate) while performing in no better than the 6th place position all three nights.

So SCV certainly can win drums from 7th-8th.

Ughhh, If I read another why is X corps getting getting screwed in X caption by X judge, I mean WOW. Are you not aware of the numerous phenomenal drumlines in DCI this (and every) year?

I guess maybe the answer you're looking (hoping) for is, "because he has some long standing grudge against SCV or Paul Rennick, I mean, CLEARLY".

No.

Fail.

They weren't as good as the other lines that night. Period.

Why the aggression? It's not like SCV's percussion is the Madison Scouts of the early 2000s ("THEY'RE GETTING SCREWED, THEY'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE REST, BLA BLA BLA!!!). You'd be surprised how many educators and long-standing DCI drumline veterans that are in/formerly in the activity agree with him. He made a valid post and he wants some feedback. Why not we give it to him?

• Like 8

From the recaps I've seen, it looks like they're winning on performance but the judges don't seem to like the book.

Front ensemble may also be a factor.

It may also be the fact that they spend alot of time standing still while playing their tougher licks, while other corps are booking it across the field during their tough parts.

• Like 3

From the recaps I've seen, it looks like they're winning on performance but the judges don't seem to like the book.

That seems to be it for the most part. And to BozzlyB, of course there are a lot of people in/formerly in the activity who don't agree that SCV is better than the rest. But the FACT is that OPINIONS exist. Okay, that sounds a little lame, but I tried.

Edited by Madbass4
  • Like 2

It may also be the fact that they spend alot of time standing still while playing their tougher licks, while other corps are booking it across the field during their tough parts.

If this is even true, why should it matter for drum lines. Doesn't seem to matter for horn lines.

• Like 3

Why the aggression? It's not like SCV's percussion is the Madison Scouts of the early 2000s ("THEY'RE GETTING SCREWED, THEY'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE REST, BLA BLA BLA!!!). You'd be surprised how many educators and long-standing DCI drumline veterans that are in/formerly in the activity agree with him. He made a valid post and he wants some feedback. Why not we give it to him?

Nope. Just another person blaming the judge for a corps finish, instead of correctly blaming the corps for their performance. If you haven't noticed, it's become rampant on DCP in the last few weeks.

• Like 8

it looks like, knowing what I do about judging, they are performing the hell out of the book. The problem is, the book seems to require the same skill sets over and over, as opposed to a lot of variety in the skills shown.

I think the problem is the show hindersthem. It's avery 8th note/duple based show that does not allow as much variety in arrangment.

• Like 5