An electronics explanation for all the haters

Sorry. Not sure what it is I'm supposed to do.

Also, not sure what this has to do with my point here. For the 2006 Countdown, fans were allowed to vote across the decades for the corps they wanted to see. And yet with all those accoustic options, they still elected to see two corps using amped voice (one of which, Crown 04, used mic'ed singers). You can't tell me that those results aren't significant. The fact that fans voted to hear Crown 04 and Bluecoats 05 alongside Scouts 88, Phantom 89 and the rest has to demonstrate a more diverse array of opinion on electronics than DCP would have us believe.

HH

and you can pretty much bet "dinos" didnt really vote or care. Why? they have the dvds at home. why go to a movie theater to see what you already have?

Is this another one of Michael Schmidt's sock puppet names ? :shutup:

no all of Howdy's names hate amps :tongue:

Um, you told me that the 2008 Countdown winners were chosen from "hundreds" of shows ... Here are the results of the poll, showing the top eighteen finishers, including the place each show originally earned.

Again I think you're making my point for me. No one was forced to vote for a corps that amped voices. These results show clearly that thousands of votes were cast for these shows anyway. That shows clearly an acceptance of those shows. If that weren't the case, if disdain for electronics were as profound in general as it is on DCP, then voters could have cast more ballots for, say, Madison 05. But they didn't.

That's one way of looking at it, but there are others, as I hinted. Let me be more clear. In the 2008 Countdown poll, the top eighteen votes went to the top eighteen finishers from 2005-2007 -- with three exceptions:

Three corps that hadn't placed sixth or better were voted into the top eighteen: Crown 2005, Crown 2006, and Bluecoats 2007. Of those three, only the last had amplified voice. It also happened to be fresh in respondents' minds, the highest score seventh-place ever, and only one point out of fourth place in that year.

Meanwhile, three corps that had placed sixth or better were not voted into the top eighteen: Blue Devils 2005, Bluecoats 2005, and Cadets 2006. All three used amplfied voice.

So an alternate conclusion that could be drawn from these results is that fans actually don't care for amplified voice, most of the time.

Furthermore, of the top 18 corps, four (22%) had amplified voice. As I noted before, that is exactly the percentage of the 36 2005-2007 shows (eligible for the poll) that had amplified voice. So there could be no significance whatsoever to the results, as regards mic'd voice.

And now I'm exhausted too. It's been fun arguing with you.

• Like 1

Actually, I HATED the singing in that show, but still thought the rest of it was pretty great. Just my opinion of course, but I enjoyed it. But as referenced earlier, I didn't get into DCI until electronics were legal, so read into it however you feel like

I'm so sorry about that. I wish you could have experienced some of the shows I have, and I wasn't introduced to DCI until DCI East in 2000.

To sum up this tread...

Old people don't like electronics.

Is 27 old? I hate electronics. Maybe I'm just mature for my age! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

To sum up this tread...

Old people don't like electronics.

Not exactly

Old people don't like electronics used improperly

here is two facts I know for sure and when the 990's are released, will bear me out.

Since amps came into play, contributions to DCI has dropped.

and revenue from audio/visual products has really dropped.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Now add to this the fact that despite two attempts on my part, not one poster has been able to come up with anyone who purposely stayed away from DCI until such time as A&E were introduced.

So if A&E did nothing to boost DCI's revenues, now l ask, how many of us know people who have stayed away or at least reduced their attendance since A&E was introduced (thus reducing DCI's revenues)?

I DO!!!!