DCI East Prep

Going to my first show on August 6th at Allentown, I was wondering if there were any words of wisdom past attendees could give concerning the event, parking, listening to the corps warm up, etc.

Anything that may be beneficial for the experience? Thanks.

Edited by Lance

parking: good luck. If you can find something close to the stadium, you're paying. You can not park in the big park by the stadium anymore.

food: eat early. if last year is any indication, they will sell out of stuff and lines will be long.

the corps all warmup at some part of the giant park. As the show starts, corps will move further to the west

• Like 1

Going to my first show on August 6th at Allentown, I was wondering if there were any words of wisdom past attendees could give concerning the event, parking, listening to the corps warm up, etc.

I'll be there too!!! Yeah parking sucks and a lot of the businesses are jerks about it. Last year we just parked in one of the neighborhoods close by. Not too far of a walk. Some good places to eat in the downtown section. All the corps warm up in the big park south (?) of the stadium.

1- you can find free parking in the neighborhood only if you get there an 1 1-1/2 hour before the show.

2- food is not so great. Avoid the long lineup and eat before show. But the snow cones are great !!

Marc

Check out the corps after the show. My guess is that Spirit and Xmen will hook up and play for each other. Very cool to watch and listen!

Make sure to stretch out the legs a bit before entering the stadium. There's a small hill...

Make sure to stretch out the legs a bit before entering the stadium. There's a small hill...

And no room for leg stretching in the stands. We bought an extra seat just to have room and not be so cramped.

If you park off Hamilton Blvd (Side street parking is free and your best option I have found),you can walk through the park on your way to the stadium and see some of the early corps warming up. This means you WILL have to climb the hill at the end of a nice little walk,but unless you get there 3 hours early,parking above the stadium is next to impossible.

Also,I would agree with eating BEFORE you get to the stadium. Not sure where you are coming from,but there are some decent places away from the stadium that won't be so packed. The stadium food is way over priced(as usual for a stadium)and not a big selection like there used to be.

IF I remember correctly,the stadium actually let you bring non-alcholic beverages in plastic bottles in last year. Can anyone remember or know about this for sure? Those over priced "fresh squeezed lemonades" last year were pretty much sugar water and I'm not a sugar fan!

Hope some of this helps and have a great time! I've been waiting since October when I purchased tickets for this to get here!