DCI East Prep

also bring a soft pad to sit on, but don't bring one of those bulky seats cause they take too much room and the bleachers get hard after 12 corps.

one word --- YOCCO'S

THIS.

Sure be nice to get this kind of show on the west coast! Late in the season, and all the top corps. Guess that is just to much to ask from DCI. Once in the history of the organization should be enough to satisfy any fan. you guys enjoy!

Funnel Cakes AND Ginormous Shaved Water Ice = Must Have!

Parking is not terrible just drive around a little bit and you will find a spot.

I'd recommend getting there early just to watch the corps warmup.

Last year I went on Friday night just to watch the corps warmup. I had no ticket. I walked up to the gate and was watching the shows from behind. The person working the gate asked me if I wanted to go in. I said that I didn't have a ticket. She told me to go ahead. So I saw Crown, Cavaliers, and BD for free. Thanks J. Birney Crum Stadium Staff

Going this year both nights! Can't wait!!

Edited by CadetsIntern

Going to my first show on August 6th at Allentown, I was wondering if there were any words of wisdom past attendees could give concerning the event, parking, listening to the corps warm up, etc.

Anything that may be beneficial for the experience? Thanks.

I am glad a few folks chimed in to say you will have a great time in Allentown. Every true drum corps should experience A-Town at least once. Getting to the stadium area early def. helps...especially if you plan to eat at the Hamilton Family Restaurant(two blocks from the stadium) and take in some corps warmups. Regarding corps warmups....the park is pretty big...so be sure to give yourself some extra walking time to get the stadium if you are down a ways. Also...there is a gas station across the street from the Hamilton Family Restaurant/park...which has a min-mart you can check out for some provisions before, during or after the show.(Although after the show...you will find it packed with corps members who are stocking up...lol). As someone else mentioned...post-show...walked down the street behind the stadium among the trucks and buses...cool atmosphere..and def keep you eyes out for corps arcing up and playing for each other. Doesnt always happen but...just two season ago Spirit and Crossmen played to each other...and SCV and Madison played to each other (hornlines only)....

go to google maps and type lake muhlenberg, Allentown, PA and choose satellite view..that will give u an idea of the area....

The crowd.....well it's A-Town....they know drum corps and they know what they like and don't like. It's a major league regional....I have heard many a staffs tell their members...if you can sell your show here..then we will be fine from here on out. I always like to think of the phrase 'Your not in Kansas anymore' when I think of the tenured A-Town crowd. Very few gimmes, you have to earn your applause...

Have a great time.... :thumbup:

Edited by Triple Forte

Me, I'd get there in the early part of the afternoon, go to the diner for a late lunch/early dinner, then kill some time watching corps warm up before the show starts. The earlier you get to the stadium, the more likely you will get a parking spot not too far away. The parking lot at the far end of the park near the volleball courts is full before 3pm due to the Crossmen and Field of View alumni picnics, so I wouldn't even try down there if you don't plan on going very early in the afternoon.

If the forcecast calls for rain, then bring rain gear! There's no shelter to speak of in the stadium, and the show will go on. I remember sitting in a downpour during the show in 1993. I think Cavies were on when the skies opened up. (someone please correct me if it was Madison, but I'm pretty sure it was Cavies) No one left the stands during the performance and we all got soaked. (except of course for the ones that had rain gear!)

it was indeed cavies. and man did it rain. Those kids just kept wailing.

Years ago I heard Cavies had a tradition of pulling in to Allentown and jumping into the lake. I think they did it whenever they got to town (early am, day before) not right before the show. I have never seen it, anyone know about this?