Summer Music Games in Salem, VA

The "system" is not flawed. It's just basic mathematics.

Now why would I ever agree with basic math...Can't we change that?! :ph34r:

Yes... I've thought they've been underscored, but the reality is I don't know much about guard, but it just seemed so to this amateur's eyes.

Amateur here also in that regard for sure..but it sure looks great to MY amateur eyes... :smile:

Amateur here also in that regard for sure..but it sure looks great to MY amateur eyes... :smile:

I am as well. I try looking at the guard, then the brass, then everyone applauses and I realize I missed something. So many things to look at. It sure is fun though.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

Madison takes BAC in drums for the first time since June, I believe. Nice when a judge is smart (and brave) enough to reflect reality and not just go by the peer pressured status quo !!!!!

"Proud father of a Madison Scouts snare" The judges finally realized my kid was better than everyone else..

• Like 1

Oddly enough, I've been on here for a couple years now and I've never heard this.

Learn something new every day.

Same here. :doh:

Well, if that isn't just wonderful. :wall: I guess that is karma for complaining about them going on first for the last 3 regionals.

Yeah I don't understand the Saturday schedule. If they did groups of three and then randomized again, well, the Friday corps got lucky because they are in Atlanta results order. The randomization doesn't make sense in a show with only half the corps anyway. :thumbdown:

Madison takes BAC in drums for the first time since June, I believe. Nice when a judge is smart (and brave) enough to reflect reality and not just go by the peer pressured status quo !!!!!

Yeah, my bad. Although I do maintain an active role in todays percussion instruction and try to be objective, I was out of line in this case. Just relieved to see that they are going in the right direction. I will try to keep my pride and prejudice under control. No disrespect meant to BAC at all - I like their perc book alot.

"Proud father of a Madison Scouts snare" The judges finally realized my kid was better than everyone else..

Absolutely !!

• Like 1

on any given day you never know what the judges will do. its a close race down to the wire. tight drum score as well. great improvement by madison drum score 17.10 boston 17.00 good work by all corps in salem va. good luck to all

• Like 4