'Ya Gotta love Allentown

and consider this thread hi-jacked, another thread that is victim of the TOC discussion.

It's not a surprise, is it? Unfortunate that we have a 'live' discussion on the last big show(s) of the season and it devolves into the usual garbage.

I'd even prefer a "who was the best 2nd place Allentown show performance" thread than the ToC nonsense posts :tongue:

It's not a surprise, is it? Unfortunate that we have a 'live' discussion on the last big show(s) of the season and it devolves into the usual garbage.

I'd even prefer a "who was the best 2nd place Allentown show performance" thread than the ToC nonsense posts :tongue:

I agree , Im so over this TOC stuff

Sorry, I just find it hard to take that judge seriously when he puts Mandarins percussion ahead of Troopers. I still don't think Glassmen's drumline is better than Madison's either.

Yeah, how dare he judge the actual performances on the field, instead of looking at the names and slotting them based on history as the DCI Judges Handbook says :tongue: .

Stuff happens. Lines have bad nights and others have good nights. I appreciate a judge willing to translate that into real scores.

Can't wait to hear tonight's comments, see the scores, read the recaps and listen to the b.s. as the 2 shows are laced together and results compared!

Good luck tonight.

Good weather tonight.

See everyone next week!

Well that does happen and it has to be taken seriously! It's the same panel two nights in a row and the scores count towards Quarters!

Keep in mind the Phantom fans had a hype frenzy in 08 when they came out on top of their night and the two night competition. Did it show at Finals week? Yep!! I think at this point the best of the best are judging and these scores should absolutely be compared!!

Well that does happen and it has to be taken seriously! It's the same panel two nights in a row and the scores count towards Quarters!

Keep in mind the Phantom fans had a hype frenzy in 08 when they came out on top of their night and the two night competition. Did it show at Finals week? Yep!! I think at this point the best of the best are judging and these scores should absolutely be compared!!

Agree. Although for perspective, the Finals Nite slate of judges may or may not have one or more of these Judges from Allentown. But you are right, we can more easily compare the scores in Allentown among the 2 nite Corps, as the panel on both nites is identical. This is a lot more realistic than comparing scores from different nites where the panel is completely different. This one in Allentown is identical. ( Gawd, I hope its not a rain out tonite. )

Me too.... Has Allentown ever been rained out or partially rained out?

It's *actually* called "Tour of Champions" not tournament. Made the same error myself a few times.

..but what did the Blue Stars, Bluecoats, and Carolina Crown win ??? Champion of what ?? Literal sense its nothing, figurative sense, you can say it about every corps. A "champion" was left out, anyone that tries to defend logically this as proper billing for what is being offered is as flawed as the idea itself.

Geoffrey

Agree. Although for perspective, the Finals Nite slate of judges may or may not have one or more of these Judges from Allentown. But you are right, we can more easily compare the scores in Allentown among the 2 nite Corps, as the panel on both nites is identical. This is a lot more realistic than comparing scores from different nites where the panel is completely different. This one in Allentown is identical. ( Gawd, I hope its not a rain out tonite. )

just heard the forecast is for 1 - to - 2 inches of rain this afternoon and night :(

Geoffrey