Best Seats in Lucas Oil?

I am thinking of coming to INDY for semifinals. In Lucas Oil Stadium, I know the sound is much better down low than in the middle section (in my opinion). But I haven't tried sitting high up there. Any thoughts? What is better, sitting low or sitting high?

(I know there will be a million replies of 'there are no good seats in LOS...the sound sux'! But I would appreciate a few monosyllabic replies: "Low" or "High". Thanks!)

I am thinking of coming to INDY for semifinals. In Lucas Oil Stadium, I know the sound is much better down low than in the middle section (in my opinion). But I haven't tried sitting high up there. Any thoughts? What is better, sitting low or sitting high?

(I know there will be a million replies of 'there are no good seats in LOS...the sound sux'! But I would appreciate a few monosyllabic replies: "Low" or "High". Thanks!)

You have to sit close enough that you receive the brunt of the sound, but far enough back that you are not getting the ceiling bounce from bass drums, contras, and snares.

Sit in the middle lower section, but behind the ceilings "top lip" of the stadium.

If you sit too far back, it will be an echo fest. If you sit too far forward it will sound like the lows are phasing against the highs. Good luck!

thanks for your reply - i found an earlier thread from a few years ago - many say low is good. a few said high. some said that the high seats, while an interesting view, felt very disconnected from the field in this stadium, and that the rake was really steep up top! too bad there isn't an easy answer!

I would say towards the back of sections 139,140 or 141. Minor sound issues but not terrible. Make sure you sit towards the middle though. Was there in 09 (side 1 40, row 17) and its wasnt bad. Last year I sat farther out (side 2 25, row 4) but there were some pretty bad sounding moments, like tears but there really was none, especially with crown when they were in their full field covering sets. Best of luck picking seats!

edit: sorry I cant help you out about higher seats. I see the drill all year long on FN, I go to finals to enjoy the in your face stuff! :thumbup:

Edited by skeptic

Id say 300-400 level is probably the best blend of visual\sound, not the easiest to get though. top of the 100 level is probably nicest for sound.

And yeah, youre right, there isnt an easy answer. Since the stadium is so divided into different tiers, all jumping up levels, by the time youre up to the 600 level you're way the heck up there.

Edited by AlexL

From what I understand from other threads, you need to be sitting in the press boxes with the judges or you aren't getting the best quality of sound production.

/sarcasm

I got really lucky last year and the Scouts gave me a couple of finals tickets in the premium, corps-allotted section for pulling them out of a bind at the spur of the moment finals week. They were on the 45, 2 rows from the top of the lower section. Excellent, excellent seats. Blend was great and still very in-your-face. If you can get close to that, do it.

Edited by BigBadMadMan