Now that Open Class Finals are over....

8 page thread in Open Class forums.

I'm interested in how this all turns out. I just hope everyone keeps in mind that corps are in different divisions for different reasons. Some Open Class corps are true feeders for World Class, and will stay Open. Some Opens don't really tour or tour on a smaller scale, and will stay Open. Some World Class corps are only in World for financial reasons, specifically getting paid for appearances. Some Worlds domiated Open and moved up. Some moved to World with the intentions of making a move towards the top ranks and just haven't found that winning formula yet.

At Prelims, some Open Class corps will score more points than some Worlds. Scores are not the only reason a corps should move up or down a division, many other factors play a part.

What kind of monkey wrench will BDB, OC, and Vanguard Cadets throw into the scoring for World Class Quarterfinals?

Can they all make Semi's?

My guess is that all 3 make it and they will land in the 22, 24 and 25 positions.

Edited by jwscv87

25 corps go, World has 23. I see Pio being the one outside looking in

Yes, those top 3 or 4 open class corps are very competitive with the WC groups. As I looked at the WC lineup for quarters I think a few at the bottom could get beat by OC corps, but once you get to Mandarins or Pacific Crest I don't think the open class corps can beat those two or move any higher.

If you go by the "old standard" that OC corps scores drop by approx. 18 points when they move to WC sheets, you get the top 5 OC corps with the following scores:

1 Blue Devils B 77.000

2 Oregon Crusaders 76.700

3 Vanguard Cadets 76.200

4 Spartans 73.500

5 Revolution 71.250

Here are the lower end of the WC scores from their last performances:

Pacific Crest 78.750

Mandarins 77.400

Teal Sound 76.600

Jersey Surf 74.700

Cascades 73.900

Pioneer 69.050