completely original shows?

I was looking at past history of the different corps online, and found it very impressive that some corps compose completely original music some years. I'm wondering which of these completely original shows won 1st place in DCI finals. The only ones I found online where it was explicitly explained was the 2001 and 2002 cavaliers' shows.

I was looking at past history of the different corps online, and found it very impressive that some corps compose completely original music some years. I'm wondering which of these completely original shows won 1st place in DCI finals. The only ones I found online where it was explicitly explained was the 2001 and 2002 cavaliers' shows.

Cavies would be the only ones re 1st place. Suncoast 85 placed 6th (I think)

Cavaliers 2000-2003 were all original shows, as far as I know. 2006 was mostly original music, but had other pieces put in. Those have been the only World Class shows to win, I know there has been more than a few Open Class shows to win with all-original programs

Also 2000 and 2006 Cavaliers... can't think of any others off the top of my head.

2006 wasn't original. Most of the show was, but the jazz piece was a Wynton Marsalis track. Corpsreps does say it's written by Saucedo, but the DVD and CD liner notes say differently.

Also 2000 and 2006 Cavaliers... can't think of any others off the top of my head.

2000 was not original. Niagara Falls is a wind ensemble piece by Michael Daugherty. But it does have a few sections that are completely original, like the ballad section.

• Like 1

The ballad in 2000 was from Soundings, by Cindy McTee (trust me - took forever to hunt down a copy of it).

2001 was based (not that loosely) on Danza de los Duendes and Bizarro (Michael Daugherty).

2002-2003, however, were completely original.

Mike

• Like 1

Santa Clara Vanguard 2006 "Moto Perpetuo" was an all original by Key Poulan.