How many think Cadets 2 will be the death of other corps

it's fun?

:ph34r:

:tongue:

The bulls eye is bigger than the target? :devil:

Translation : GH is an easy target...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

The whole point was not to tour because of time. They want to do it all on Friday-Sunday. You know, like a DCA corps. Shocking, I know. DCI Open Class isn't an option because the last two weeks of the tour are FAR from the Northeast.

I made my comment based on this quote from Cadet 2's own website: "A DCI presence was considered but touring costs drew YEA! to request of DCA that Cadets2 be allowed to participate in their arena." Silly me for believing what I read on the corps own website. And I didn't realize that Indianapolis was FAR from the Northeast. Funny thing, Academy figured out how to do a compressed DCI tour and Arizona isn't exactly a suburb of Indiana; you'd think that Hopkins, given his creativity (and I don't mean that as a jab, the man is creative, scary-creative sometimes) would figure out some way to do this within the structure of DCI.

But then again, why let the truth get in the way of a good anti-Hop rant?

Let's see, Cadets2 is affiliated with YEA, of which Hopkins is CEO. Are you suggesting I be referring to Dave Gibbs in this context? But then again, why let logic get in the way of a good "stop hatin' on Hoppy' rant.

The deal is done, Cadets2 will be at DCA next year, I get it. And they will be successful.

And in a couple of years, the creative staff at Cadets2 will start asking for rules changes so their genius isn't stifled and probably throw in how tough it is for "the kids" to transition to a DCI corps when DCA rules are different. And they'll get their way. And in 2020 or when DCA and the brain-trust here is sitting around asking "WTF happened to DCA?", PM me and I'll explain it to you then.

• Like 1

And in a couple of years, the creative staff at Cadets2 will start asking for rules changes so their genius isn't stifled and probably throw in how tough it is for "the kids" to transition to a DCI corps when DCA rules are different. And they'll get their way. And in 2020 or when DCA and the brain-trust here is sitting around asking "WTF happened to DCA?", PM me and I'll explain it to you then.

If this happens (and it may well), then i suggest you take it up with all the other directors that theoretically will have 'rolled over' and let it happen....because IF it does, they as a group are way more at fault for it than GH. He is one man, folks - and if he gets people to agree with him, it's either because he's just that #### convincing, or because everyone else is that dumb. Really not his fault either way :tongue:

In 2020 when (and if) DCA and the brain trust here is really asking "WTF" then they have no one to blame but the corps directors who voted for it (whatever "it" is). C2 will only have one vote, assuming they earn one.

George couldn't steam-roll the DCI directors, what makes you think he'd be successful doing that in DCA?

In 2020 when (and if) DCA and the brain trust here is really asking "WTF" then they have no one to blame but the corps directors who voted for it (whatever "it" is). C2 will only have one vote, assuming they earn one.

George couldn't steam-roll the DCI directors, what makes you think he'd be successful doing that in DCA?

ask the average fan which directors voted A&E, Bb's, 150, and all these other changes into DCI...since it had to be a bunch, right?. A few might be able to give the names (and in some cases it was a landslide anyway), but most will respond like the computer generated voice in the 'what is drum corps' video...

"george hopkins", "george hopkins"..."george hopkins", "george hopkins", "george hopkins", "george hopkins"

ask the average fan which directors voted A&E, Bb's, 150, and all these other changes into DCI...since it had to be a bunch, right?. A few might be able to give the names (and in some cases it was a landslide anyway), but most will respond like the computer generated voice in the 'what is drum corps' video...

"george hopkins", "george hopkins"..."george hopkins", "george hopkins", "george hopkins", "george hopkins"

True, but remember, Hopkins was either leading the charge or among the group leading it.

If one sets oneself out as a focal point, then people shouldn't be surprised when the focal point gets attention.

Some would say that fact that he's fielding a corps in DCA is a start. Steamrolling, no, but like as I said last night, the camel's nose is inside the tent.

And, please, even I am willing to admit that C2 will do very well in DCA, and unless I'm missing something, that would earn them that one vote, no?

Well, I think there were a "few" more than that, and they were more than "energized"!!!! :tongue:

462.jpg

And wth Jimi Hendrix playing the national anthem!!! :thumbup:

True, but remember, Hopkins was either leading the charge or among the group leading it.

If one sets oneself out as a focal point, then people shouldn't be surprised when the focal point gets attention.

I'm not complaining about the attention, and im sure the man expects it. What i dont get is the notion that this corps (which does not yet exist) can use its influence on the board (which it does not, and may not have) to steamroll its agenda over a bunch of very powerful people in the dca world that are just going to change their minds over everything they stand for, roll over, and play dead.