How many think Cadets 2 will be the death of other corps

I dunno, but you may see DCA Championships in Minneapolis before you see it in Atlanta. :cool:

I've packed winter clothes for Rochester, so it wouldn't be a stretch LOL

hold on now,..............and with all due respect, as I am huge Cabs fan,..............but within the last decade. they played a complete rehash of 75 Muchachos,..............and, originals written around reoccuring themes of songs by others are not completely original in my book,............

1 show out of 12 was a rehash. Give me a break Gary.

• Like 1

...well, Gary, he *did* say "majority"...that show represents 10% of a 10 year period? (...but you're right about one thing: There seems to be alot of *bull* in every Cabs show! :thumbup: ).

cg

one thing some of the older DCA corps do is to honor their heritage by incorporating their signature piece into the fabric of their current program. I can point to a certain corps who is playing music by George & Ira Gershwin but the familiar strains of "Mag 7" are right there year after year. It's something that's appreciated by DCA audiences. So, it's not just Hawthorne.

• Like 1

:laugh::shutup::laugh:

Now that there is what they call a redundant statement Jeff! :devil:

spitting.gif

1000 is kind of a small show compared to the northeast. But if they can show substantial growth over a series of years, and maybe work on bringing down a headliner or two (a la Winston-Salem), they might be able to show everyone they are capable of hosting a major event.

The crowd size at the Douglasville show last week was about the same size as the Bridgeport show and Lewisburg show I attended in 2009.

one thing some of the older DCA corps do is to honor their heritage by incorporating their signature piece into the fabric of their current program. I can point to a certain corps who is playing music by George & Ira Gershwin but the familiar strains of "Mag 7" are right there year after year. It's something that's appreciated by DCA audiences. So, it's not just Hawthorne.

Excellent observation.

I dunno, but you may see DCA Championships in Minneapolis before you see it in Atlanta. :cool:

I'll have to say the largest and most enthusiastic crowds I have ever played before have been in the mid west. Championships excluded of course.