How many think Cadets 2 will be the death of other corps

After being at Kingston and playing in the rain... then coming home to Erie where corps refused to play in the rain due to the electronics... think it will be very interesting!

funny they played in it in Allentown fine

After being at Kingston and playing in the rain... then coming home to Erie where corps refused to play in the rain due to the electronics... think it will be very interesting!

Electronics are a Nessecary evil to attract a younger more athletic marcher and audience.

DCA will attract more )HS age kids once electronics comes to the field. It will resemble more what kids are familiar with in their HS band programs so naturally the kids will come.

shows will get cancelled due to rain and standing water. I've come to expect it at DCI shows when there is even a hint of rain so I don't even bother traveling or purchasing tickets when rain is in the forecast.

the big question is are show sponsors going to stay on board after a couple of DCa shows get cancelled due to dangerous weather conditions with the electronics being a issue?

• Like 2

Electronics are a Nessecary evil to attract a younger more athletic marcher and audience.

DCA will attract more )HS age kids once electronics comes to the field. It will resemble more what kids are familiar with in their HS band programs so naturally the kids will come.

Amplification is nearer than you think. Many DCA pits are suffering in projection because they are no longer training thier performers to beat the crap out of thier instruments. The pits not suffering are the ones with a legion of mallet players. Electronic instruments are probably a bit further off.

shows will get cancelled due to rain and standing water. I've come to expect it at DCI shows when there is even a hint of rain so I don't even bother traveling or purchasing tickets when rain is in the forecast.

No DCI show has been called on account of electronics issues. Any rain-outs have been for performer safety and field conditions. That's as of 2010. If there was a case this year, it wasn't publicized, and I doubt there were any.

the big question is are show sponsors going to stay on board after a couple of DCa shows get cancelled due to dangerous weather conditions with the electronics being a issue?

I don't see why they wouldn't. DCA won't can shows due to electronics, especially if it's specifically in any adopted rule. Even in DCI, the contest director has the option to unplug corps if they feel safety is a concern. Corps do not have the option to say, "no electronics, no performance".

• Like 1

I think it's cheap to add an age restriction to a corps competing in the all age circuit. If they wanted a weekend warrior corps for youth who might not be able to make the full time commitment or didn't make their world class corps, they could just as easily form an open class corps. Showdown between Cadets 2, BDB, Oregon Crusaders, and Vanguard Cadets? I'd pay to see that!

Plus I'm temtped to say they'd try to pull another "This I Believe"

• Like 3

I think it's cheap to add an age restriction to a corps competing in the all age circuit. If they wanted a weekend warrior corps for youth who might not be able to make the full time commitment or didn't make their world class corps, they could just as easily form an open class corps. Showdown between Cadets 2, BDB, Oregon Crusaders, and Vanguard Cadets? I'd pay to see that!

Plus I'm temtped to say they'd try to pull another "This I Believe"

• Like 1

Not saying that was a bad show. I just wish they would have stopped jabbering and played drum corps!

And compete where? There were no DCI Open Class shows within a couple of hours drive of the Allentown area in the last month of the DCI season. Additionally, most Open Class shows happen the last two weeks of the DCI season, far from the Northeast, and on weeknights. The whole point of C2 is NOT to tour.

• Like 1

Hello

I'm a little bothered with this thread. The premise of the title of this thread is worrisome. What does a drum corps that doesn't even exist yet have so many people worried about? The OP of this thread began with the assumption that Cadets2 is going to kill other corps by taking membership. Another poster is worried the Mr. Hopkins is going to try and alter the rules of instrumentation. Rules are decided by all the members corps, Cadets2 not being one. If the Members decide to alter the rules of instrumentation, the members corps will vote on it.

Some of you have shown support to drumcorps that have barely put out a quality product in years and years and yet you have already passed judgement on a drumcorps that doesn't even have a membership to teach. OR a show to perform.

I am asking the moderators of this DCP to shut this down. If any other corps was being slandered like this, you would do so without hesitation. Please do not have a double standard.

Thank you

Olive

ps I would appreciate it if more people took advantage of proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.

• Like 4

Hello

I'm a little bothered with this thread. The premise of the title of this thread is worrisome. What does a drum corps that doesn't even exist yet have so many people worried about? The OP of this thread began with the assumption that Cadets2 is going to kill other corps by taking membership. Another poster is worried the Mr. Hopkins is going to try and alter the rules of instrumentation. Rules are decided by all the members corps, Cadets2 not being one. If the Members decide to alter the rules of instrumentation, the members corps will vote on it.

Some of you have shown support to drumcorps that have barely put out a quality product in years and years and yet you have already passed judgement on a drumcorps that doesn't even have a membership to teach. OR a show to perform.

I am asking the moderators of this DCP to shut this down. If any other corps was being slandered like this, you would do so without hesitation. Please do not have a double standard.

Thank you

Olive

ps I would appreciate it if more people took advantage of proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Postscript is usually P.S. Just sayin. As far as ur grammar. WOW

• Like 1

I also was at erie, and was quite disappointed at the canceling of the final 3 corps performance. but the 2 or 3 corps that played before that did so WITHOUT electronics.. and sounded fine