DCA/DCI Connections

Anytime a DCI and DCA corps are within the same geographical proximity there's bound to be a connection. Birds of a feather flock together.

Don't know about the current situation, but back when the Syracuse Brigs were "ruling" DCA about 10 yrs or so ago, several of the staff were also part of the Blue Devils-including Wayne Downey, IIRC.

Don't know about the current situation, but back when the Syracuse Brigs were "ruling" DCA about 10 yrs or so ago, several of the staff were also part of the Blue Devils-including Wayne Downey, IIRC.

and don't forget that Wayne started playing sop solos for Long Island Sunrisers... while he no doubt honed his trade under Jim Ott, I'll bet he got a solid foundation under the Sasso regime...

remember - senior corps begot junior corps - not the other way around... although I must say, watching the top 10 DCI programs this week was very humbling. The design on the highest level has reached levels I never expected to see... Watching the top 5, I found myself - I consider myself a student of drum corps adjudication - but still... found myself forgetting all about the contest and looking at my friend and saying that with those 5 products, drum corps has reached a level where it may be finally acceptible to the masses rather than the elite niche activity it has been all my long life.

I mistakenly joined a FB page about "Whining about the death of drum corps." I didn't do it so much to complain about todays corps but more to stick up for it.

These people certainly need some advice from some people in the know. Whine and Cheese Party. They just don't want to move forward...always reverse.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading the newest C2 tread it got me thinking...

What DCA corps have connections to what DCI corps? There has to be some...

Reading and Cadets?

Renegades and BD?

( ^^^ just guesses ^^^)

Actually, we have more CMM from SCV and SCVC over BD and BDB. However, our show this year has strong ties this year to BD. Our show is designed by Jay Murphy, music arranged by John Meehan, and David Glyde is doing percussion. David Watrous is our show visual caption head. Chris Nalls is our brass caption head. Kevin Murray is also working with percussion. All are legendary BD. :thumbup:

When I marched with them, The Renegades actually had quite a widespread group of former DCI members represented:

BD

SCV

Cavies

Star

Kingsmen

Garfield

Madison

Crossmen

Dutch Boy

Freelancers

VK

Colts

Spirit of Atlanta

Pride of Cincy

Ca Dons

Valley Fever

San Jose Raiders

Mandarins

Marauders

Cascades

BDB

SCV Cadets

When I marched with them, The Renegades actually had quite a widespread group of former DCI members represented:

BD

SCV

Cavies

Star

Kingsmen

Garfield

Madison

Crossmen

Dutch Boy

Freelancers

VK

Colts

Spirit of Atlanta

Pride of Cincy

Ca Dons

Valley Fever

San Jose Raiders

Mandarins

Marauders

Cascades

BDB

SCV Cadets

Yep, these and more.

CorpsVets and Spirit of Atlanta? We were founded by Spirit vets, we continue to be taught primarily by Spirit vets, we've had Spirit staff members work with us, Freddy Martin's with us, many of our members are Spirit vets, many others will fill Spirit's camps in the coming years... get the idea? :)

I read that someone wondered if Jay Bocook arranged for Bucs. I don't know the answer, but I do know he arranged our brass book this year.

Edited by Tyler C.