DCA/DCI Connections

Reading the newest C2 tread it got me thinking...

What DCA corps have connections to what DCI corps? There has to be some...

Reading and Cadets?

Renegades and BD?

( ^^^ just guesses ^^^)

Reading the newest C2 tread it got me thinking...

What DCA corps have connections to what DCI corps? There has to be some...

Reading and Cadets?

Renegades and BD?

( ^^^ just guesses ^^^)

For starters, I do believe Jay Bocook arranges for the Bucs. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I also believe the Cabs have someone on their visual staff with BD experience. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

DCA corps have been using DCI people for help, assistance, and instruction for as long as I remember, and that's 1979. I had the pleasure of several people who had a DCI background with me or fellow corps members during the 1979-1984 period. I could provide a list if one would like to help emphasize the point...

LOL, just reminded me that my Alumni type corps has some Bocook charts as part of the show...

Don't know about corps themselves having direct connections but see Bridgemen Alumni and Jersey Surf just announced one. Off the top of my head I can think of a bunch of people who have worked on both sides, including two Business Managers.

Kilties-- Scott Stewart

This list of DCA people with DCI connections can get VERY lengthy! I know plenty of people around DCA from my time with the Crossmen, and in the past 4 years since I aged-out, there have been MANY people marching in or instructing/designing for the Hurricanes with DCI experience (either as members or instructors/designers). This year alone, we have 16 former Hurricanes marching DCI spread between The Cadets, The Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Blue Stars, Carolina Crown and Jersey Surf!

Edited by vbc33

Didn't/doesn't Gino do both Bucs and Cadets?

I believe Rich Hammond from Bucs is also some driector of something at USSBA/YEA.

You'd be hard-pressed to throw a rock at any top DCA corps and not hit someone with direct and current DCI ties.

Didn't/doesn't Gino do both Bucs and Cadets?

I believe Rich Hammond from Bucs is also some driector of something at USSBA/YEA.

You'd be hard-pressed to throw a rock at any top DCA corps and not hit someone with direct and current DCI ties.

yeah,...............no doubt.

As for current DCA corps, there might not be any more than the OP listed,.........which begs a bigger question similar to those being pondered on another thread, Allentown Cadets are starting the Cadet Cadets to compete in DCA, What if some of the other WC corps followed their lead, and either started a all-age feeder unit, or converted their existing cadet corps over.........

There have akways been people with DCI ties in DCA

• Like 1

yeah,...............no doubt.

As for current DCA corps, there might not be any more than the OP listed,.........which begs a bigger question similar to those being pondered on another thread, Allentown Cadets are starting the Cadet Cadets to compete in DCA, What if some of the other WC corps followed their lead, and either started a all-age feeder unit, or converted their existing cadet corps over.........

C'mon now ... no cross-threading ... I'm having a tough enough time with Bert & Ernie getting married ...

:-)

• Like 1