Semifinals Webcast chat

That line is smoking. That whole corps brought a lot of energy to the field.

SCV has a terrific percussion section. They also have a good guard, and the final visual closer is first rate. But they need to get another brass arranger, as the music is definately not connectiong with most national audiences. Maybe next year. SCV is not known to remain boring musically. My guess, it'll be much different next year for them. 'Hope so.

Presence? YES

Great opening? YES

Weak Trumpets? YES

Tight Drums? YES

Ballad doesn't match theme? YES

Blah ending? YES

Yes I love SCV. Yes, this was not one of their greatest conceived or executed shows of all time.

• Like 2

Is it just me or does the SCV horn line have a little more presence tonight?

Could you and byline clarify a bit more? I'm not on the webcast and I didnt get a chance to see SCV live this year.

btw- the hornline should have more presence; @minimum, the goal is to peak @ Finals. I'd be happier to hear the whole corps kicked it up a notch, but ill take goodnews wherever it may be.

Scores for Semi's

1. --

2. --

3. --

4. --

5. --

6. --

7. Bluecoats ..........--91.60

8. Boston Crusaders --90.35

9. Blue Knights ......--89.40

10. Madison Scouts --88.35

11. Bluestars ........ --87.00

12. Spirit of Atlanta --86.55

13. Glassmen ......--83.40

14. Troopers .......--83.20

15. The Academy --82.65

16. Colts ........... --82.25

17. Crossmen ...--81.05

18. Pacific Crest --77.75

19. Blue Devils B --76.45

20. Teal Sound ..--75.75

21. Mandarins ... --75.70

22. Oregon Cru --75.15

23. SCV Cadets --72.85

24. Cascades ... --72.20

25. Jersey Surf .. --71.50

As a longtime Santa Clara fan, it pains me to say this, but musically this show just isn't doing much for me.

My guess, they'll revisit this approach in the off season, as it's just not working competitively ( and audience wise ) the way I'm sure they envisioned.

• Like 1

10/4. As an Alumni I do have some room to get my whine on, w/in the boundaries of good taste.

thx for the update.

As for "Relax" ... not till I see scores for SCV, PR, Cavs, BD and Gah-field. So is Blooooo on or INT or ?

Tapper -- you might be better off reading Boo's live blog -- everyone here seems to be watch the FN so not a lot of "updates" like a normal show thread.

I've not been a fan of Bloo's recent offerings, and started out not liking this show. But it's really grown on me. The opener is great, and the contras are jaw-dropping.

Vanguard keeps coming out with the most intelligent, mesmerizing designs of ANY corps (IMO). Devil's Staircase may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love, love, love it. Execution might be lacking a bit, but for a season many predicted would end in disaster a 6th or 7th place finish won't be so bad. Please keep giving shows like this, Vanguard!

• Like 3

SCV has a terrific percussion section. They also have a good guard, and the final visual closer is first rate. But they need to get another brass arranger, as the music is definately not connectiong with most national audiences. Maybe next year. SCV is not known to remain boring musically. My guess, it'll be much different next year for them. 'Hope so.

I was taking about Spirit's line. but yeah.