The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

No because they avg about 3 points from first in those 4 years.

You're missing what I'm saying, which is two things: First, that fourth is literally going to be the closest you can get to those three if you aren't those three. I thought that one was obvious, but apparently not. Second, that being a couple of points away from perfection happens to be, in my book, pretty darn close.

You're missing what I'm saying, which is two things: First, that fourth is literally going to be the closest you can get to those three if you aren't those three. I thought that one was obvious, but apparently not. Second, that being a couple of points away from perfection happens to be, in my book, pretty darn close.

05,06, and 08 Phantom was in the top 3. Vanguard has broken the top 3 as many times in the last 10 years Crown has therefore you can say the same that they are close. And you said they have been at the top for half a decade which is not true yet.

05,06, and 08 Phantom was in the top 3. Vanguard has broken the top 3 as many times in the last 10 years Crown has therefore you can say the same that they are close. And you said they have been at the top for half a decade which is not true yet.

Right. But this time 10 years ago, Carolina Crown was just barely in finals, where it was understood Phantom and Vanguard would be in finals because they were historically great corps. Crown is a new corps that has just recently become very very good and has never won. They will want to win. They're still on the competitive high that any corps would get if they went from not being in finals to being one of the top 4 in a matter of 6 years. Oh, and 4-6 years, basically half a decade. When we're talking about the 30, 40, 50 years of drum corps that some of these groups and instructors have been doing, the distinction between 4/5 or 5/6 years all sums up to "half a decade" in the scheme of things.

Right. But this time 10 years ago, Carolina Crown was just barely in finals, where it was understood Phantom and Vanguard would be in finals because they were historically great corps. Crown is a new corps that has just recently become very very good and has never won. They will want to win. They're still on the competitive high that any corps would get if they went from not being in finals to being one of the top 4 in a matter of 6 years. Oh, and 4-6 years, basically half a decade. When we're talking about the 30, 40, 50 years of drum corps that some of these groups and instructors have been doing, the distinction between 4/5 or 5/6 years all sums up to "half a decade" in the scheme of things.

Since 95 theyve missed finals once (2002). Its almost the same length that Glassmen have been in finals (broke into finals in 93 missed 3 times since). So they have been in finals for 15 years i wouldnt say that is new.

Since 95 theyve missed finals once (2002). Its almost the same length that Glassmen have been in finals (broke into finals in 93 missed 3 times since). So they have been in finals for 15 years i wouldnt say that is new.

"The organization started in January 1988 as the Charlotte Drum Corps Association." ~~ off Crown's website.

Glassmen were founded in 1961. I am talking about the actual corps here. Crown is almost the same age as the kids performing in it. Crown is a new corps when you look at the corps its competing against, who were already "old corps" before Crown was even thought of.

"The drumline of SCV gets used to Paul Rennick and takes top percussion next year" ?????

I didn't know they weren't used to him already, considering the majority of the line were from Phantom (or the minority of the line were SCV vets from 2010 and before).

Edited by Madbass4

In all of its hackneyed glory, the trend will continue to grow with the black vs. white, good vs. evil and "Great taste!" vs. "Less Filling!" (et al) show themes.

Also, due to the increasing use of significant structures in shows, OSHA will demand a seat on DCI's board.

Isn't that the title of INTs show this year?

Well considering Crown has been 6,4,2,4,4 in the last 5 years (half a decade) I would say that puts them in the top for the last half of a decade.

I think kids on the EAST coast choose between CROWN and CADETS.

which switches POWER BACK to the CADETS.

1-BD

2-Cavies

3-Cadets

--------

4-SCV

5-Crown

6-Bluecoats

7-Phantom

-------------

8-Madison

9-Boston

-----------