The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

I predict that most of the DCP Know-it-alls will predict Boston Crusaders in 11th, like they ALWAYS do. Count on it.

I think Boston is on the move upward.....

• Like 3

After really being involved in watching the seasons progress since I marched in '09, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I would like to take it beyond the top 12 however - I'll go ahead and throw in the top 18 (which would be the first corps out of semis)

4 - The Blue Devils - The Blue Devils have always been known for their talented members (as much as I hate them, they are extremely talented.) I think that this year's programming choice may run a little unpopular with the incoming prospective members (hello, Burt Bacharach...), and that combined with coming in second after making their way to the top this season and coming in second at the end could possibly hurt the number of new members they attract.

So I know it's fun to hate success, the Yankees in baseball, Patriots in football and Lakers in basketball, but I don't really get why the Blue Devils. For the record, I have never ever been involved with the BD organization in any way shape or form.

The first thing I hear is that they are only good because of the talent they get. Okay well, shouldn't they get some credit for attracting that talent? It's not professional sports free agency. Why can't the Cadets, Cavies and the rest of the top corps attract this said talent? Didn't the people at BD build this culture where all this talent wants to be? Do you think they just started winning because of the talent, really? See I think their shows are the best designed, coordinated and put together in DCI hands down, but that's just an opinion. I also think because they are so prepared as a staff and strive for such a high level of excellence that the members that go there #1 understand and want that for themselves and #2 learn that from them. How to be prepared, how to strive for excellence. I just think rather than making excuses about why you think another corps does well, those other people, corps, members, whoever, should look at the success and may be see the real reason they are successful. Yeah they have talent, BUT WHY do they have talent? Just remember that this "talent" can go anywhere.

The members go cause they know and trust they will be good, because the instruction is good.

• Like 3

Cavaliers might take gold. It's been six years, and I bet they are hungry for it. (Just look how hungry the Cadets were after six years.) Cavies are gonna come out swinging this year.

Edited by 72Bach
  • Like 2

Cavaliers might take gold. It's been six years, and I bet they are hungry for it. (Just look how hungry the Cadets were after six years.) Cavies are gonna come out swinging this year.

i hope you're right. They had a great start to the season. But lost momentum at the very end. They just weren't as clean musically and visually as cadets and bd.

I honestly think if they waited to put some of those visuals in (like the upside down thing) they probably would've pulled ahead or came closer to BD. GE wuld've been through the roof.

1. Cavaliers (about due)

2. BD (same old talented BD)

3. SCV (darkhorse) i say it every year but i think this could be it.

4. Cadets (usually dip a bit after a championship not counting the 80's lol.)

5. Crown (hate to see them this low but i think its a transition year here)

6. Bluecoats (bounce back to where they have been for awhile)

7. Phantom Regiment (new changes, transitions)

8. Boston Crusaders (some solid and very gifted talent here)

9. Madison Scouts (same strong ### brass line with much improved drums to keep up)

10. Blue Knights (solid good corps)

11. Blue Stars (building backup might take a bit)

12. Crossmen (they got kinda jipped this past season and will come fighting strong next round and make it here possibly)

• Like 1