1-3. Cadevaliers

4-6. Phanguard/Crown

7. Bluecoats

8. Madison Scouts

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Spirit of Atlanta

11. Blue Stars

12. Blue Knights

What I would like to see (These are definitely not going to happen....but it would be cool in my opinion)

1. SCV

2. Phantom

3. Spirit of Atlanta

4. Madison Scouts

5. Blue Stars

6. Cadets

7. Cavaliers

8. Blue Devils

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Bluecoats

11. Crossmen

12. Troopers

• Like 4

General predictions that very well may change in a few months:

-SCV passing Phantom

-The Cavaliers not medaling (as much as it hurts to say! :( )

-SCV medaling

-SCV taking percussion

-The Academy in Finals

-Madison higher than 10th

• Like 4

just a few days before glassmen beat them ( over a point and I believe troopers tied them....it was far from a slam dunk...JMO but the spread at DCI was not warrented at all but I do think DCI made it clear a new finalist was going to happen...as far as them to BS........well thats another story or opinion as to how well they did this season....JMO

While this is true, the competitive scenario at that show is hardly one that I would ever consider legit. Yes, some show scores have more merit than others based on several factors. Since my friends and I attended that show on our

way to Indy, let me give a list of those factors:

The stands were maybe 7 -10 short rows high. The kind of rows you can take in only one step.

Spirit went on an hour/hours before Troop and Glassmen

DCI notoriously has a show or two after Allentown where the placements get very wonkey....selling tickets and lighting up this discussion board.

The judging panel had too many upset type judges

The judging panel had too many questionable judges

Full sun was in the crowd's and judge's eyes until the tornado storm took place

The show should have been cancelled

The judges were seen leaving with judging bags while the decision to cancel or continue with the show was deliberated

They seemed really miffed to have to return to the press box/field

Considering the hundreds of shows I have attended, judged, worked, and marched, this one takes the cake for most poorly run in one of the worst venues I have ever visited.

Sorry to push so hard, but with DCI ticket prices these days combined with my love of the activity, I am probably yelling at DCI more than I am disagreeing with your point.

Don't get me wrong however, I am still disagreeing with your point. Strongly. : )

• Like 1

I will copy this one and tape it above my computer. See how right I was come August. Feel like being blunt tonight. Sorry if I offend.

BD: Take some risks and play longer melodies and have some audio/visual simultaneous demand. Decide no one but them gives a s*&^ about number of wins. Do a show my grandma would like, please.

Crown: It is time to move back up. Staff changes do not scare me. Will boost visual program. Lots of returning members.

Cadets: Talent and possibly a better show than 2011, but BD has too many weak minded judges wrapped around their fingers and Crown plays so #### well

Phantom: Can take last year up a notch. Gwaltney is figuring out the outdoor thing. Talent will be ridiculous. Guard get credit they deserved in 2011. Crowd goes ape.

Cavies: Percussion awesome again, visual and brass lack enough finesse. Not original enough.

SCV: Has some better staff vibes and a MUCH more accessible show that people can actually stand to see more than once.

Blue Knights: Have a banner year. Take a step forward programmatically. Guard staff decides to write much more musical book.

Bluecoats: Brass staff stampede hurts, attempt to be more creative just doesn't resonate. Weakest guard in a while

Madison: Though not a lot better, perform well with better demand and a percussion book and battery tuning that is at least somewhat pleasant

Spirit of Atlanta: Stomped competition last couple of weeks, extremely entertaining, all returning design team, established a unique style for themselves

Boston: A better show, but with less talent and wearing politics.

Blue Stars: Having a hard time recovering from a really weak show in 2011 that should have been 12th with talent that should have been 6th

Academy: Gaining, but too many solid staff have left and top twelve getting ridiculous

Crossmen: Better show and with better talent and a guard that pushes them early season

Glassmen: Improved show, but things still not gelling. Brass program still extremely rough (are those G bugles?) with percussion that excel. Guard OK at best.

Troopers: Just making too many poor decisions and judges can push them just so much

Colts: Not enough percussion and brass leadership and a quickly declining return rate

Edited by mirrormen
  • Like 1

Bluecoats: Brass staff stampede hurts, attempt to be more creative just doesn't resonate. Weakest guard in a while

Bluecoats: Having a hard time recovering from a really weak show in 2011 that should have been 12th with talent that should have been 6th

You list Bluecoats twice, in eighth and twelfth place.

I think the Blue Coats are going to do just fine this year.

peek.gif

Edited by kickhaltsforlife

While this is true, the competitive scenario at that show is hardly one that I would ever consider legit. Yes, some show scores have more merit than others based on several factors. Since my friends and I attended that show on our

way to Indy, let me give a list of those factors:

The stands were maybe 7 -10 short rows high. The kind of rows you can take in only one step.

Spirit went on an hour/hours before Troop and Glassmen

DCI notoriously has a show or two after Allentown where the placements get very wonkey....selling tickets and lighting up this discussion board.

The judging panel had too many upset type judges

The judging panel had too many questionable judges

Full sun was in the crowd's and judge's eyes until the tornado storm took place

The show should have been cancelled

The judges were seen leaving with judging bags while the decision to cancel or continue with the show was deliberated

They seemed really miffed to have to return to the press box/field

Considering the hundreds of shows I have attended, judged, worked, and marched, this one takes the cake for most poorly run in one of the worst venues I have ever visited.

Sorry to push so hard, but with DCI ticket prices these days combined with my love of the activity, I am probably yelling at DCI more than I am disagreeing with your point.

Don't get me wrong however, I am still disagreeing with your point. Strongly. : )

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me..sorry....one can pick apart any show and judges including championships. I also was at that show and truly stand by my thoughts that Glassmen and maybe troopers were better than Spirit that night and way more content. As far as the venue I don't remember it being as bad as you are saying and certainly more than 7 rows high..don't get me wrong Spirit was much improved this year and MAYBE deserved a finals spot BUT cut and dry? I disagree and that's cool. Early season hype as well as i think everyone wanting a new finalist helped them. Now did they rise to the challenge...sure...did others open the door early on for them yes...So I guess maybe I can agree with you to some degree BUT cut and dry..sorry no..lol

• Like 1