The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

Sorry I am not a fan of screaming trumpets(I am a trumpet) the entire show. I don't like there to be 2 brass volumes(Loud and Not playing). I don't like scatter drill constantly, nor do I really like it at all. Its not entertaining to do nor watch. Not to mention having a seizure every time you look at the guard fun either. There I justified myself to make you happy, and don't drag on the topic.

Prediction - The summer will be hot and many corps members will rehearse shirtless.

DCP is all about having an opinion and expressing it. You are free to be as rude or floral as you want. However, I will again suggest that if you think that your description above reflects a BD show (any BD show).....then you must be looking through a glass darkly.

• Like 5

DCP is all about having an opinion and expressing it. You are free to be as rude or floral as you want. However, I will again suggest that if you think that your description above reflects a BD show (any BD show).....then you must be looking through a glass darkly.

I agree... I also have to admit that I was confused on what he was trying to say... :shutup:

Another reason why I think a few folks should read over a post before putting it up. That being said I think BD will have a wonderful show! At least I hope! :tongue:

Sorry I am not a fan of screaming trumpets(I am a trumpet) the entire show. I don't like there to be 2 brass volumes(Loud and Not playing). I don't like scatter drill constantly, nor do I really like it at all. Its not entertaining to do nor watch. Not to mention having a seizure every time you look at the guard fun either. There I justified myself to make you happy, and don't drag on the topic.

Prediction - The summer will be hot and many corps members will rehearse shirtless.

You must REALLY not like Madison then.

• Like 3

Zing! Dead on. :worthy:

• Like 3

Not really. I am more brass oriented, so I prefer the corps know for their brass. Phantom, Cavaliers, Crown.

@Plan9 - Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you insist that my is wrong about a Blue Devils show? I am not looking through a Glass Darkly, but I will end here with my comment of "I really hate groups(any any sport, Drum Corps included) that win when they obviously didn't deserve it...". I know for (an opinion) that BD didn't deserve to win DCI Atlanta.

• Like 1

Not really. I am more brass oriented, so I prefer the corps know for their brass. Phantom, Cavaliers, Crown.

@Plan9 - Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you insist that my is wrong about a Blue Devils show? I am not looking through a Glass Darkly, but I will end here with my comment of "I really hate groups(any any sport, Drum Corps included) that win when they obviously didn't deserve it...". I know for (an opinion) that BD didn't deserve to win DCI Atlanta.

There really is no right or wrong here....that's you again hearing and seeing things that aren't there....an occupational hazard of viewing any art through prejudice. Hate away...it appears to be your burden and your loss.

• Like 4

There really is no right or wrong here....that's you again hearing and seeing things that aren't there....an occupational hazard of viewing any art through prejudice. Hate away...it appears to be your burden and your loss.

There is no prejudice to it. Eye of the Beholder my friend is a vital point to any art form, everyone interprets it different and I obviously interpret it my way, which is not pleasing to me. How is it my burden and loss? My burden is the fact you insist that everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is wrong. Not to mention, my posts show no support for any one corps, unlike yours. And I never intend to put down the performers because they have no option on what they are given. I am specifically looking at the overall show. No specific people. The show.

Edited by Pat61

There is no prejudice to it. Eye of the Beholder my friend is a vital point to any art form, everyone interprets it different and I obviously interpret it my way, which is not pleasing to me. How is it my burden and loss? My burden is the fact you insist that everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is wrong. Not to mention, my posts show no support for any one corps, unlike yours. And I never intend to put down the performers because they have no option on what they are given. I am specifically looking at the overall show. No specific people. The show.

I really need to pay more attention to my signature. Night.

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 2