The acoustics at Lucas Oil seem...better

In 2009 and 2011 I sat in the same section at finals, a dozen or so rows up right near the 50. From what I can tell, the acoustics overall were MUCH improved this year from the first year. Am I just being optimistic, or did DCI take measures to make this happen?

First time in LOS. If this year is improved over last year that is scary. It's like a constant low rumble during shows that ends 2-3 seconds after a cut off from sound bouncing around in there. (Don't mean "Thunderous Good" that's a different problem.)

I heard it referred to as "The Thunderdome" and now I know why... :blink:

• Like 1

It's too bad that the early corps, who have some very good shows as well but don't get the attention that the stars do, are at a double disadvantage with the acoustics. There were a couple of reverse shots of Jersey Surf in the FN video, and it must have been a little discouraging for them.

Edit: OK..."disadvantage" isn't quite the right word. Lack of fans AND worse acoustics.

Edited by Tito John
  • Like 1

<First time in LOS. If this year is improved over last year that is scary. It's like a constant low rumble during shows that ends 2-3 seconds after a cut off from sound bouncing around in there. (Don't mean "Thunderous Good" that's a different problem.)

I heard it referred to as "The Thunderdome" and now I know why... >

This is disturbing...especially given that I've surrendered to the necessity of a domed finals...at least as long as we're east of Colorado and/or south of Oregon...

Edited by FHdork

First time in LOS. If this year is improved over last year that is scary. It's like a constant low rumble during shows that ends 2-3 seconds after a cut off from sound bouncing around in there. (Don't mean "Thunderous Good" that's a different problem.)

I heard it referred to as "The Thunderdome" and now I know why... :blink:

Where were you sitting?

Where were you sitting?

Exactly. I sat on the 0 yard line and it was terrible, I never want to sit outside of the 40s. Sure the dome made it worse for those seats, but those seats are already pretty bad to witness the music in my opinion. Guard would not nearly be as bad though, for obvious reasons. I found myself mainly watching guard, even though I'm a hardcore music guy.

More bodies in the seats were likely the biggest factor!!

I noticed this over the years in the Georgia Dome. Early shows when the crowds were thin or non exsistant the echo effect was worse but as the night developed and the crowd developed the sound issues were all but gone or greatly diminished.

As for the comments about ticket pricing and getting your moneys worth. $75 to $150 for FINALS is NOT a lot of money for what you are getting. Most rock concerts that only last a couple of hours cost that much or more. Last time I checked NFL tickets were that much and people plop that money down like it was nothing. Heck I can stay home and watch that for free on the TV.

• Like 3

It got slightly better for 2010 but it was not better this year than it was last year

What were the attempted improvements made between 2010 and 2011?

Expectation are now lower, you are getting use to accepting less…

It got slightly better for 2010 but it was not better this year than it was last year

What were the attempted improvements made between 2010 and 2011?

Expectation are now lower, you are getting use to accepting less…

You may well have a point. By 2025, fans will accept that's what drum corps sounds like and we'll be reading missives on DCP about how weird drum corps sounds outside. :tongue:

You may well have a point. By 2025, fans will accept that's what drum corps sounds like and we'll be reading missives on DCP about how weird drum corps sounds outside. :tongue:

And leading that charge will be a certain someone who doesn't seem to ever be able to put down the pom poms for even 5 minutes..... Boo, if DCI moved the Finals to the moon, you'd be telling us how awesome it is.. :smile: