SCV 2012

Santa Clara's first year on the field was 1967 so 2012 will be their 46th year just like this year was DCI's 40th.

Edited by Tusayan

Agreed on this point. 45 is not exactly a loaded anniversary. Personally I like the trend of late with SCV's programming. I'd love to see a good corps take on Hindemith's Symphony for Band or Janacek's Sinfonietta.

Rite of Spring. This would be totally Vanguard.

• Like 2

My vote would be for :... " all of the above ".

Any of them.

Its a start.

Procession of the Nobles (with the Peter T 4th opening)

THIS

- This is a concert piece written by Richard Saucedo, I think it has high potential for complete programming for everything you could want in a marching show minus the fact it's about 6 minutes long

Julius Caesar- This is a show arranged for The Millenium DBC in Europe, it is a FANTASTIC marching band arrangment, I think this would be vintage SCV

Anything by Karl Jenkins

- Recently I was trying to come up with some sort of train themed show, the high school I'm working this is using this as their opener.
would be the ballad, it's written by Richard Saucedo. It needs cut up a little bit but could be a gorgeous ballad. For the closer do Blue Shades

A streets of Broadway show would be cool just for the pure fact they could sample from so much music they've already performed back in the day while also incorporating newer music inspired by happenings of city life

Edited by Huntington Mallets

I have always wanted to see SCV do a complete Les Mis production, but not one year after BAC did it.

In '90 I hadn't been around much. I worked near the hall and rolled by to check in as the buses were pulling out to camp or tour, I forget.

GR was walking and I pulled up and asked, "What's the book this year."

"Carmen."

"Aww, I hate Carmen!"

He shot me a look to kill, I wished him luck and drove off.

Some time after the season I stopped in to annoy him as I saw his car was there.

I was looking for forgiveness.

I said, "So, how did it go doing Carmen."

He replied,"Carmen did us."

I hate Les Miserables, sacharine, tired.

I watched the SCV threads this year, I so get it, from all the disparate voices, people who love what the corps represents, personally, to them. Very passionate voices.

In the age of the "total show" program, a "best of" will never happen. The staff will take on the mantle once again of doing their best to reinvent the corps. There will be red, green and ('87 exception) aussies.

. . and they will "march like gods"(Charlie Anderson)

• Like 1

. . and they will "march like gods"(Charlie Anderson)

One of my favorite Chazism's - "work like dogs, march like gods" :)