2012 show ideas

I would like to see Madison do a show based on the 1960's "Rat pack" (Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr.)

That is so funny - I was thinking that same thing a few days ago.

Somebody needs to do "Wicked"! Or "The Lion King"! I love broadway on the field :) (1989 & 1994 Cadets woot wooooot!)

Phantom Regiment should do the music of Pagliacci.

HOWEVER... they should do it with the full singing cast, mic'ed. Audition the primary vocal parts and let the scenes act out on the field with the characters in character.

If we are going to be all bando in DCI, let's do it over the top. None of this sampled recorded voice crap, or synths that sound like voice. Take classical pagentry to the next level and have the opera, abbreviated, ON THE FIELD.

• Like 1

Here is an official thread for music and concepts that any of the corps' should do for the 2012 season. I think phantom should do the music from the movie van hellsing.

Major winner !!! Perfect for Madison

Some general recommendations:

Crossmen stay on your groovy path

Blue Knights stay on your crowd engaging/pleasing path

Phantom Reg. you hit all the right buttons...and put on a no nonsense straight forward 2011 drum corps show...do it again !!

SCV got to get back to your roots for your 45th......

Bluecoats lets hear less dissonant stuff. 2011...end this dissonant era...and bring out something completely different. With success exploring Creep..how about something rock/popular ?

Crown play music from the movie soundtrack Gettysburg

Cavaliers how bout a 20 year anniversary tribute to your first dci championship (1992) and play a show based on the music of Jack Stamp.

Here is a short clip from a symphonic band of the opener Cavies played in 1992

thats it for the moment....

I think for one season each corps should redo a show from their past or another corps' past. Exactly how it was written musically and obviously the drill would have to be changed.

Blue Devils - 1999

SCV - 1989 phantom of the opera

Madison Scouts - 1988

Phantom Regiment - 1996

Cavaliers - 1992

The Cadets - 1987

Boston Crusaders - 2000

Spirit of Atlanta - 1986

Carolina Crown - 1991 star of indiana

the rest i don't know.