Lee Beddis resigns from Crown?

Besides, Crown's hornline still hasn't figured out how to play together when spread more than 40 yards apart.

I'm having trouble interpreting this statement, or what the brass performance has to do with Crown's results this year. Do you have some examples? They did have some phasing last year in the Mahler when they were spread goal to goal, something which I don't remember any other corps even attempting. They did pull off Nimrod, spread goal to goal and front to back... If JamMan won't chime in would some of the six plus-givers clue me in?

• Like 1

Yea. BS show this year was zzzzzzzzzzz.............

We are talking about a corps that had been out of finals for close to 30 years and have now made it four years in a row, including three eighth place finishes. The design may not have worked like they thought it would this year, but making wholesale changes in the staff seems a little drastic. I hope they all are coming back and do so with a little anger. I expect big things out of the Blue Stars next year.

I'm having trouble interpreting this statement, or what the brass performance has to do with Crown's results this year. Do you have some examples? They did have some phasing last year in the Mahler when they were spread goal to goal, something which I don't remember any other corps even attempting. They did pull off Nimrod, spread goal to goal and front to back... If JamMan won't chime in would some of the six plus-givers clue me in?

Or, how about The Promise of Living in '09? That was goalline to goalline, and they did win the Ott that year.... and had one of the best brass moments of the last 10 years, IMO

• Like 3

Meanwhile, back at the Lee Beddis thread...

Said in the voice of Ted Knight and Bill Woodson of Justice League fame

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Beddis hired back to Scouts as director of percussion + battery arranger according to Jim Mason on Facebook.

• Like 6