Irene Thread

Some winds and rain in my area. Power was out when I got up at 7:30am, and came back on around 2:20 this afternoon. Some small branches down and stream was up a little bit but nothing major in my town.

According to PP&L website ( one of the electric providers in Eastern PA ...

Outage Summary

• There are 182,314 total customers out of service.

• 200,445 customers have been restored.

What I find incredible is that in NY, there were ONLY 340,000 people who lost power...in the entire state!!

New York City has 8 million people alone!

So yeah.....this was just another rain storm for us! LOL

Give it a few hours, the Catskills are a mess. Rivers are overflowing, dams are breaking and several towns have been evacuated. There is(was) a small town about 30 miles west of Albany that no longer exists, the entire village has been washed away.

Give it a few hours, the Catskills are a mess. Rivers are overflowing, dams are breaking and several towns have been evacuated. There is(was) a small town about 30 miles west of Albany that no longer exists, the entire village has been washed away.

My aunt lives west of Kingston and her town is underwater and she evacuated. She's very afraid to return............

Have been hearing news reports from northern NH from late afternoon all through tonight, there are major problems in that part of the state from flooding...roads and bridges washed out, parts of towns isolated because of it.

While I wouldn't call hurricane Irene a bust, it appears not to be as bad as advertised

Hey Frank ... not sure where you're online but, CT (especially the Bridgeport area) got whacked pretty bad ... over 600,000 customers without power ... mine went out Sun am around 6:00 and won't be on for a few days ... trees and debris everywhere ... even my Tiki Bar bit the dust as the very end of the storm ... gonna take some time to get power back to most ... had to come into work just to recharge everything and shower up in the health club ...

Anyway ... hope everyone is okay ... think I'll be grilling outside tonight ... lots of stuff in the freezer thawing out ...

Be safe all ...

Andy "not the Roo" Lisko

Just a note from GA - thank you Irene for the beautiful breeze and (slightly) cooler temps this weekend! Not happy to hear of all the weather-related issues elsewhere, but we are definitely looking foward to seeing you all in Ra-cha-cha next weekend. Safe travels to everyone!

• Like 1

Hey Frank ... not sure where you're online but, CT (especially the Bridgeport area) got whacked pretty bad ... over 600,000 customers without power ... mine went out Sun am around 6:00 and won't be on for a few days ... trees and debris everywhere ... even my Tiki Bar bit the dust as the very end of the storm ... gonna take some time to get power back to most ... had to come into work just to recharge everything and shower up in the health club ...

Anyway ... hope everyone is okay ... think I'll be grilling outside tonight ... lots of stuff in the freezer thawing out ...

Be safe all ...

Andy "not the Roo" Lisko

Actually Andy as it turns out, Irene was a bit more than first met the eye. Not too much much in the way of power outages but, lots of flooding and tree damage

think I'll be grilling outside tonight ... lots of stuff in the freezer thawing out ...

I hear ya, Andy... if the power hadn't come back on when it did down here, I was about to go the "grillfest" route myself.

I was all set for the grillfest at Chez Duguay. The power stayed on. We now have a freezer full of house warming party food for mid-September.