Fan Network Webcast of DCA Prelims

I was wondering that too.

Foggy highcam and the multi cams didnt do a GREAT (good but not great) job of capturing the right moments. At times the multi cams would focus on horn members standing still when the guard or drums were working their tails off. (same can be said the other way around). Worth the 20 bucks and for the first ever stream it was a really good night!

I was SCREAMING at my laptop when they missed the Cabs' wheel!

Heh...

that's why they have "editing"

fog is certainly not Box 5's fault and I'm sure it will be a consideration in editing... it was really more of a haze... 100% humidity was like the air weighed a ton...

but hey, that's part of drum corps...

It was a lot better than poor Don Moran had to deal with in '99!

And Thanks for keeping the vid up for the next day or so!

It was fun to be able to jump back and forth this morning to catch things I missed...

I was SCREAMING at my laptop when they missed the Cabs' wheel!

Heh...

since it's you Ron... I need to explain this to you so you don't kill yourself...

officially, it's up to watch over and over again for 72 hours... a little bird told me it might even be up just a bit longer...

since we all know a fanatic like you will watch it over and over again...

they will miss the cabs wheel each time...

now - knowing that in advance - you can rewatch it many times without slitting your wrists...

:-)

keep well old friend

since it's you Ron... I need to explain this to you so you don't kill yourself...

officially, it's up to watch over and over again for 72 hours... a little bird told me it might even be up just a bit longer...

since we all know a fanatic like you will watch it over and over again...

they will miss the cabs wheel each time...

now - knowing that in advance - you can rewatch it many times without slitting your wrists...

:-)

keep well old friend

Heh! I already have - a couple times!

(And yes, I keep missing the wheel; lost $$ on the replay... ba dum dum...)

I'm sure the editing will include some "missing pieces" - and they did a GREAT job all told!

Can't be easy to do things "on the fly" like that...

Here's hoping it's even bigger and better next year!

Whatching it on my laptop with the air card is sort of like watching the tv show Name that tune.

I can name that tune in ???????

Heh! I already have - a couple times!

(And yes, I keep missing the wheel; lost $$ on the replay... ba dum dum...)

I'm sure the editing will include some "missing pieces" - and they did a GREAT job all told!

Can't be easy to do things "on the fly" like that...

Here's hoping it's even bigger and better next year!

all I can guarantee you Ron is that Port St. Lucie to Annapolis is a lot shorter than Rochester... get your butt there!

#### thing just got expensive.... Kris and I were watching and saying some we'd love to see on the flat screen TV... with the real speakers (as compared to the PC).....

Now we're gonna buy some DVDs along with Mini and Alumni CDs.... :doh:

Sumthin' about watching Govies and Empire back to back.....

Quick question:

Did the Fan Netwoirk feed come from Box5?

Just wondering if the same vids (including foggy upper level camera) will also be on the DVDs...

Hey Everybody,

box 5 dvds should be a lot cleaner.....to do this network feed, box 5 cams were used by 2 different directors...one doing the dvds and one doing the network feed....the way the cameras were routed and split caused some signal loss for the feed....dvds of course are a direct recording and didnt have to travel down 200 feet of cable. It was a team effort and was a great start...I guarantee it will only get better.....thanks for watching

Mike Symonds

DCA Media Director

To be honest with you, I know this was a new endeavor for DCA, and for $19.95 (less than a dollar per corps performance) it seemed like a real bargain. However, I had to stop viewing after the 16th corps performed for one big reason: BUFFERING EVERY 10 SECONDS!!!!! Now mind you, I have high-speed DSL and the latest Adobe Flash 10.3 with all the updates. How come throughout the entire webcast I have constant buffering interruption??? Incredible. Has anyone else in the drum corps world had similar problems with the webcast? The video quality was great, except for the annoying frequent buffering.

Fan Network, please take note. I doubt seriously I'll get my money refunded. Next year, Annapolis and no more webcasts. Not worth it.

Sorry, "high-speed" DSL means nothing to most people. There are many speeds of DSL, and even though they are marketed as "high-speed", they are NOT as "good" as they should be in 2011. Sure, they're high speed compared to dial-up, but who still has dialup anymore? Very, VERY few people.

Anything under 3 Meg Down really isn't high speed for high quality streaming... Youtube really isn't that high quality yet. Sorry, I just get tired of the marketing gurus in corporate ISPs obscuring the important things like actual speed when they sell services to customers....

Edited by jjeffeory