2011 Drum Corps Associates Alumni Spectacular

kevingamin

Opening got the crowd excited. Full sound from the horns and you can't go wrong with the plastic heads on sling snare drums.

awesome coverage again, guys!

what's the Sunday crowd look like?

Is the weather holding?

pics?

Hey Z! Crowd looks great so far. Lower stands look very filled out from here and they are enthusiastic.

Weather looks good now. Just a bit overcast and a little breeze. John D liked my description of there being a little "spritz" when we were pulling in, so we will stick with that. But nothing since the show started.

Charlie Groh pics are coming up!

Russian Christmas Music. Wait, is this going to be the color presentation? The honor guard is set up on the fifty, although they may be preparing for the next selection.

Four guard members on rifle, although some of the other guard members in the back field are now holding rifles, but they're not spinning yet.

Ahh, Drums and center horns around the 50 gate open and the honor guard comes forward during America the Beautiful.

This arrangement is similar to Velvet Knight's arrangement from 1988. Great choice of music for the color presentation. Now playing the Ballyhoo March, which brings Chicago Royal Airs to mind now.

Soprano quartet up front. Hit me!

Yep, crowd liked that a lot.

Drum solo now as more sopranos come up front. I think my ears are about to bleed in a good way.

Nice chord, sops! And a lip trill on top of it all.

Now a baritone soloist, love the tone.

Assistant drum major is stomping with his left foot while conducting. This guy's fun to watch.