Cadets 2

I'm WAY too old to audition for such a prestigious organiztion, but I am very curious. I may attend some rehearsals just to "check it out"...if I'm allowed!

If you show up Frank, how many times will it take being called "Sir" ("Hello Sir", "Can I help you Sir") before you get tired of it and leave..... :ph34r::tongue:

Kidding as I'm older.... but would be fun to check it out....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

YIKES......$175 just to Register and Audition....

That is becoming the norm for DCI. They have figured out they can make some extra money on all these kids coming in that they probably know they are going to cut anyways.

Camp fees,Audition material fee and Audition fees are not unheard of in DCA.

Some corps have camp fees that get applied to dues and I think this is smart. It helps a member keep current on dues so in August you are not going up to the member wheres your dues??

Many of the corps charge a registration fee for the season. Usually collected before open house or at open house. Usually very small like $10 and $15. Just covers the cost of staff to input stuff into the data base basically. No biggie there. If the member never comes back for whatever reason the corps gets the small donation. Can fill up a tank or two for the bus season. Pretty smart in my opinion.

Ive seen at least one DCA corps try and collect a audition fee. That did not work out so good for them. Dumb move for small town USA but probably will work out ok for Cadets 2.

YIKES......$175 just to Register and Audition....

What I find most curious is this is a DCI trend and will it carry over into DCA ok.

Something this corps may face is they are use to doing business one way as a DCI corps and some things like this may not work at the DCA level. On the other hand I could be wrong and it will weed out a lot of the riff raff and bring in quality players. We will see.

It will also be interesting to see how much this corps bites off and chews when it comes to programing. Staff is going to have to adjust to the weekend warrior schedule instead of having the kids all summer long to groom. More than one DCA corps tried this this summer and it back fired on them.

I look forward to seeing what levels the staff can push and get things accomplished in a DCA formatted schedule.

If the fees are too much, kids will either march somewhere else, or not at all. The smart and / or lazy ones that are (over)confident of making it will probably wait till the 2nd or 3rd camp anyway to show up... :ph34r:

What I find most curious is this is a DCI trend and will it carry over into DCA ok.

Of course it will, because most people auditioning from them will most likely not even associate Cadets 2 with DCA. I would bet at least half of the people auditioning for them will not have heard of DCA until the day they show up.

It will also be interesting to see how much this corps bites off and chews when it comes to programing. Staff is going to have to adjust to the weekend warrior schedule instead of having the kids all summer long to groom. More than one DCA corps tried this this summer and it back fired on them.

Nothing wrong with a corps trying to push the limits of DCA. I would only fault a group for doing so if they do it year after year with the same shortfall.

Buccaneers technically have a registration fee of $50 that does not go toward dues. Or at least they used to.

"Students", "Tuition", "Audition Fees"....:

Hopkins nonsense is starting alreday. In yet another arena.

Wait until he starts up with his other antics to the DCA Board....

It's only going to get worse....

Elphaba

logic alert.....he's one person, with no formal vote as of right now.

Good God, you people think the DCA BOD is just a bunch of suck ##### who roll over to whoever is in charge

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

All of those terms apply. Especially if you are running a corps with a majority or underage members (underage here being under 22). Most DCI corps use these terms, or something similar, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

And honestly, if you're not marching, teaching, or supporting C2, why do you even care? Your anti-Hopkins rhetoric is really just sad.

rumor is age is up to 25 now. have not been able to confirm