Cadets 2

A while back, i heard that Cadets were starting a feeder corps that would compete in DCA. I haven't heard anything about that for a while and now that DCA is done for the year, just wondered if that is still happening...are they supposed to be coming out next year? anyone know? :blink:

• Like 1

A while back, i heard that Cadets were starting a feeder corps that would compete in DCA. I haven't heard anything about that for a while and now that DCA is done for the year, just wondered if that is still happening...are they supposed to be coming out next year? anyone know? :blink:

This is an e-mail I got from Melissa a couple days ago...

"Hello!

I just wanted to send you all an update. We will be releasing audition information beginning on September 12th. We will provide all of the information you will need to begin your journey to becoming a member of Cadets 2.

You are able to pay fees now. Both the registration and camp fees are ONLINE HERE.

Have a great week!

Melissa

Melissa Barlow

Youth Education in the Arts

The Cadets | Cadets2 | USSBA | Urban Arts Center"

YIKES......$175 just to Register and Audition....

Does that go towards the remaining "tuition" if you pass the audition?

I'm WAY too old to audition for such a prestigious organiztion, but I am very curious. I may attend some rehearsals just to "check it out"...if I'm allowed!

I'm so done with this topic already. Cadets2 has been an extremely active subject on this forum since its announcement months ago.

:spitting:

I'm WAY too old to audition for such a prestigious organiztion, but I am very curious. I may attend some rehearsals just to "check it out"...if I'm allowed!

"Students", "Tuition", "Audition Fees"....:

Hopkins nonsense is starting alreday. In yet another arena.

Wait until he starts up with his other antics to the DCA Board....

It's only going to get worse....

Elphaba

"Students", "Tuition", "Audition Fees"....:

Hopkins nonsense is starting alreday. In yet another arena.

Wait until he starts up with his other antics to the DCA Board....

It's only going to get worse....

Elphaba

All of those terms apply. Especially if you are running a corps with a majority or underage members (underage here being under 22). Most DCI corps use these terms, or something similar, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

And honestly, if you're not marching, teaching, or supporting C2, why do you even care? Your anti-Hopkins rhetoric is really just sad.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 3

$250 for the jr corps !

Most corps take the registration fee and apply it to your dues...err..tuition.

I think the terminology shift has more to do with "outsiders" view of the non-profit organization more than anything else. It makes the roles of staff and members fit into the more familiar landscape of teacher and student. Internally corps still seem to operate in a traditional fashion with terms like staff, dues, members, etc...