Cadets 2

I have very mixed feelings about Cadets2 coming to DCA, but I wish them good luck on their 2012 season.

I'm fine with them being in DCA as long as they keep their electronics in their trailer.

I'm fine with them being in DCA as long as they keep their electronics in their trailer.

I suspect you are going to see electronics sooner than later. DCA push to gain a younger base will have to attract the youth in the activity and the youth want drum corps to be what they are familure with in marching band. Every marching band competition I have been too has been literally bombarded with cords and electronic instruments. Expect to see it in the not too distant future is my prediciton.

I suspect you are going to see electronics sooner than later. DCA push to gain a younger base will have to attract the youth in the activity and the youth want drum corps to be what they are familure with in marching band. Every marching band competition I have been too has been literally bombarded with cords and electronic instruments. Expect to see it in the not too distant future is my prediciton.

I really don't want this to turn into another amplification thread- but at the risk of continuing it further. I will say I have been largely against their possible induction into DCA, but the more I look at how enjoyable the format of the DCI TOC show was- the more I keep thinking electronics might be that 4th Ace in DCA's hand they can play at the right time.

It's growing on me.

[if you listen closely- you might hear Jeff Ream fall out of is chair after reading this.]

• Like 1

I really don't want this to turn into another amplification thread- but at the risk of continuing it further. I will say I have been largely against their possible induction into DCA, but the more I look at how enjoyable the format of the DCI TOC show was- the more I keep thinking electronics might be that 4th Ace in DCA's hand they can play at the right time.

It's growing on me.

[if you listen closely- you might hear Jeff Ream fall out of is chair after reading this.]

No...I do not think he will be surprised.The handwriting is on the wall. Once the DCA corps went to multi key and now the push to younger more energetic DCI based shows the assimilation has started. The assimilation is almost complete. Soon you will witness the final episode of the death star. SNORT!@#$%

Edited by camel lips

It's growing on me.

the sound you heard from my way was all the pieces of my trees now covering my yard. i dont have the energy to fall over after luggingthem out of the street, driveway, off my car, etc

the sound you heard from my way was all the pieces of my trees now covering my yard. i dont have the energy to fall over after luggingthem out of the street, driveway, off my car, etc

Hope you have energy in the house with all the outages. Found out the hard way how cold our joint gets after 19 hours with no heat or lights (55 degrees)... and how long the furnace takes to reheat the place.... Don't think it was a co-incidence that the fuel oil truck showed up this morning to top off the tank. :shutup: (Top of a tree come down on a house by the Bridge Club on Lennox... took the wires with it.)

More On topic: Let's not forget along with DCA looking at the fan base (at least they should be) we have the individual corps doing what it takes to keep membership thru the years. It it takes things that I don't like to survive, so be it. May not be DCA pushing as much as DCA and the corps looking at what might be needed long term.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

There's a key point here you're missing about why YEA is restricting age.

They are a non profit YOUTH organization. The first letter in YEA...YOUTH.

50 years old aint a youth.

Plus, there's no guarantee that recent age outs will come flocking....Cadets, like most top DCI corps, aren't neighborhood corps anymore. So just because they have set the age limits where they did doesnt mean they are going to come shooting out of the woodworks and destroy DCA.

Remember, Cadets and other DCI corps do amazing things with kids, when theyhave them all day every day from mid May til Mid August. A DCA corps is not going to have that kind of schedule.

And if it's thatbig an issueand you know kids, direct them elsewhere

I wouldn't consider any age beyond 18 as youth. Young adults, yes.... but not youth.

I wouldn't consider any age beyond 18 as youth. Young adults, yes.... but not youth.

well, they do. so does DCI. So does many colleges.